Chapter 17 - Marcus Pierce

CHAPTER 17
MARCUS PIERCE

There's an itch to run in the wilderness, to feel the ground underneath my paws. My mate is just a few meters away from me, watching something on the television that I can't understand. It's in a different language, but there's a subtitle. I look back at my mate, finding him seating comfortably on the couch as he hugs the pillow. I wish it's me he's holding like that.

The night is calm. The sky is dark, full of bright stars that I wish I could hold and provide as a gift to my mate. I will do anything for my mate. I know for a fact that I'll still have a long way to my goal, to claim him as mine, but I'm willing to risk everything – my title as the Guardian of Werewolves, my friends, my family. Hell, I could even break the Forbidden Law just for him to accept me. I know it's selfish and childish, but hey, I'm a sucker for love and I'm madly, deeply in love with my mate. And my love for him will never fade.

I want to walk up right there, take a seat beside him, and wrap my arms tight around him. But that would weird him out. He may have asked me to come live with him, but that doesn't mean he trusts me and is comfortable enough of me.

As if sensing that I'm looking his way, he turns his head to look at me, his eyes boring into mine and oh for God's sake, his eyes are so mesmerizing and soul-capturing. I just want to kiss him, to hold him, to claim him as mine. I smile at him, then look back at the sky, wishing he would quit looking at me. I know that he's already feeling the pull, and I know that it's already confusing him. He might go into a denial stage, and he might think that it's just a phase, but I don't think I'm ready for that. We might come off as strong, but werewolves are pretty emotional, especially when their mates are involved. I may be a Guardian of the Werewolves, but that doesn't mean I could take the rejection pretty well. No, I would die because I would choose to die than rather live without my mate and the pain of rejection.

Seconds have passed yet I'm still feeling his eyes burning at the back of my head, which makes my heart beat faster. I wish I could read and see what he's thinking, what's going on inside his head.

This is tough, Kyros speaks to me. We're both longing and yearning for our mate, but we can't do anything about it but wait until the right moment comes. It shouldn't be this hard for us. The banning of the werewolf having a human mate, having a human mate who doesn't even know that you are his mate and your kind, why do these things happen?

Of course I want answers as well, but Jesus Christ, it's hard to look for the answers right now. My hands are kind of full. I could ask my sister about it, but she's a smart lady; she would know immediately if there's something wrong. It has been a long time since I last spoke with her, and that was before I met up with Kieran when he first got into the united packs.

"I'll go to bed now," I tell him, not looking at him in the eye, not waiting for any response. I can still feel his gaze at me. The more I try hard to resist, the harder the situation gets. Kyros whimper, because we both just want the same thing – for our mates to be aware of us and love us back unconditionally.

When I reach the room, which is our room now, I quickly take my top off, putting it on the desk table just beside his computer and climb into the bed. This situation is exhausting the hell out of me, and I wish the progress would be faster than it is right now.

A few seconds later, the door opens, revealing Nigel himself as he goes inside the room. I shut my eyes but not fully, so I can gaze at him freely. He looks at me, tilting his head to the side, and he's just standing there, watching me. Nigel then begins to take a step forward carefully, not making a sound and when he's standing just right beside the bed, he leans down and studies me. My heart races, and I try so hard not to move any single muscle. I catch a sniff of his natural scent, and God, he smells so really good. I just want to bury my nose into the crook of his neck and bite him, claim him as mine.