Chapter 29 - Marcus Pierce

Chapter 29
Marcus Pierce

Being alive feels great.

Especially now that my mate has fully accepted me, for who I really am. What's even more shocking is that he was assigned as the first Guardian of the Mortals. When we were in that realm, in the realm where I was closest to life and death, I felt all the presence of the past Guardians and I know that they had lent their powers to me just to keep my soul from getting vanished into the Spirt Realm.

It never happened before. I mean, there were some things that happened like a miracle to the Guardians before me – and I know all of it, but this, this is unbelievable. I knew that I was really going to die. But somehow, my soul was just in between of life and death, and the next thing I knew, I was feeling my mate's presence. The Guardians were giving me power, but my mate was the one who really brought me back to life. The Guardians were just instruments, who lent me their powers to stay.

"I'm so happy right now," I tell him as he helps me walk, supporting me by having his arm around my waist and my arm draped across his shoulder. Nigel just blushes and hides his flushed face from my sight. "I could get used to this."

"Shut up," he mumbles and lightly pinches the bruised on my side and I groan in pain.

To be honest, that fight hurt me. I was at my weakest point due to the fact that I was just rejected by my mate, and we all know when you get rejected, you're going to be weak and die. But still, that didn't stop me from saving my mate. I knew that he was in danger because I had a premonition. Even though I was weak and couldn't barely move, I used all the stamina, strength, and hope I had just to save my mate. The only motivation I had was the hope that he would be able to love and accept me for who I am. But still, even if he couldn't accept me after that stunt I pulled, I would still save him no matter what. I would still fight for him. I would still give him my life willingly not just because he's my mate, but because I am deeply in love with him.

Seeing the pain in my face, Nigel quickly apologizes and has a look of panic plastered across his beautiful face. His lips are slightly parted as he inspects the bruises thoroughly. My best friends, Cloud and Perry, are looking at my mate with an amusement in their eyes and they're suppressing the laugh that's threatening to come out of their mouths.

I really am in pain, though. That battle caused my ability to heal faster weaken. But I know that I'm getting better because my mate is here and has accepted me. I can already feel the pain subsiding, and I have told Nigel about that countless times, but still, he easily gets worried when he sees something unusual expression on my face. He always assumes that I'm in discomfort, that I'm in pain, or that I'm tired and needing rest.

"No, seriously, I'm fine." I tell him for the tenth time. "You don't need to worry much about me. You're here already, and I'm here already. Nobody's going to harm us anymore."

"But what if he comes back?" he argues, still having that panic look on his face.

Putting my palms on his cheeks, I lower down my head and capture his parted lips with mine. Slowly, my lips begin to dance with his and he puts his arms around my shoulder, pressing himself closer to me and I oblige by letting go his cheek and putting it on his waist. Nigel shuts his eyes and so do I. I nibble on his bottom lip, and he gasps and I slip my tongue inside his mouth, tasting every corner of it. Having been this close to my mate is a pure euphoric feeling for me, and it's overwhelming. For some reason, I don't want this to stop. I just want to keep kissing him, like seriously.

"That involves a lot of tongue, don't you think so, Cloud?" My best friend says and I open my eyes just to send them a glare. Nigel pulls away, his cheeks reddening as he turns his back on the two. I can't really blame my mate. Perry and Cloud are being a dick.

"Yeah, and I don't want to see it again." Cloud replies, making a face in disgust and I roll my eyes at the two of them and flip them off. "It's weird."

"Very weird,"

I stick my tongue out at them. Such hypocrites. They have the nerve to be making these expressions when they are in fact doing the same thing when they are with their own respective mates. I have seen them done that countless of times, right in front of me and I hadn't uttered a word about it. Flipping them off once more, they laugh at me, which makes my mate even more embarrassed at the fact that we've just gotten caught kissing involving tongues. I'm not ashamed of it, though.

"Stop, my mate's getting embarrassed," I tell the two of them and hug my mate, who gladly accepts my embrace. Nigel buries his face in my chest and send a deathly glare to the two. They both nod, but they are still grinning like the fools they are. Nigel looks up at me through his lashes and I smile at him, leaning down to peck him on the lips.

As soon as we get into our home, the Pack Land, everything is in chaos. There are creatures – demons and angels – flying everywhere, battling. The werewolves are in the fight as well. Some of the werewolves are already on the ground, either barely breathing or dead. Both Perry and Cloud immediately head into the battlefield after telling me to stay here with my mate.

Nigel is terrified at what he's seeing in front of him. I know that he has just seen werewolves, but on the same day, he has also seen these demons and angels. He has probably thought these creatures only existed in fiction, in the bible or something, but he never would have thought that it existed in real life. So it's pretty shocking to him.

Grabbing his hand and giving it a light squeeze, he looks at me again with those beautiful, soul-captivating brown eyes and I could get lost in it. I can practically his heart hammering, so despite at what's happening behind us, I tell him a story about when I first found out that he was my mate. I told him that I was supposed to meet with a pack Alpha from a different clan to have an alliance with them due to the brewing conflict between rogues and werewolves but then I caught a sniff of his scent while I was roaming the area. His scent was amazing – a combination of an intoxication melon and deep perfume scent and his natural scent was mixing with it. I followed the scent and it led me to his school, to where I found out that my mate was a male, had a dark brown hair, a beautiful brown eyes, pointed nose, full pinkish lips. I also told him how I was hurt when I found out that he had a girlfriend, who I really wanted to hate but couldn't do so since she was really a nice girl. It felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest while it was beating erratically. I also tell Nigel about being in a different world and telling my best friend Perry about him; we were in the Shaman's World at that time, and we were drinking Amrita, which is the strongest alcohol ever that I drank. I got so drunk that Marcus had to carry and guide me to the place where I was staying. I tell him about taking pictures of him and that I showed it to Perry. My phone got lost, though.

"I know you're scared now," I tell him as I hold his hand, lifting it up and kissing the back of his hand. "But trust me, I'm not going to let anyone hurt you. I promise that. You're not leaving by my side. You stay here with me."

He gives me a lovingly smile and puts his head on my chest, where I know he can hear the drum beat of my heart. "I'm not sure how this is going to work, Marcus. I live with my parents, and eventually they would find out about the house –"

"Trust me, they wouldn't." I tell him, kissing his temple. "There's this magic user in the world, kind of like Harry Potter, and he made sure that no trace of battle or war happened there. And as for your living-with-parents situation, we'll figure out something."

Then there's suddenly an explosion and I use my body to shield my mate from it. I have regained my strength enough to protect him from it. Nigel looks at me and I see the trust and love in his eyes and my lips slowly quirk into a smile. I pull him closer and hug him tight, feeling his warm body and I sigh in contentment.

Finally, I have my mate now in my arms.