Chapter 30 - Marcus Pierce

Chapter 30
Marcus Pierce

A few hours after the battle that happened here – according to the pack warriors, it was mostly battle between the angels and demons, everyone is helping around to rebuild and fix what was broken. Nigel is out there helping, too. He'd receive occasional glances by the other pack wolves, but nobody has been really paying much attention to him. Well, of course, except me. I've been staring at him for too long. Earlier when I was carrying boxes containing some stuff that were saved right before the explosion, I tripped when I looked at Nigel because he was being irresistibly cute and adorable. The boxes toppled over out of my hold, and it spilled the contents out. I thought no one saw, but both Perry and Cloud saw. I only rolled my eyes at them.

I also know they have been keeping an eye on Nigel and the other members of the packs, especially Cloud. He has set his eyes on the Elders, the other Lunas, and Alphas. Nigel isn't still accepted in the pack. The only reason they aren't giving us a hard time is because this battle happened, and everyone has to do their own shit and jobs to help the pack.

Blaine taps me on the shoulder and I look at him. He is carrying stacks of wooden planks. He places it down for a minute and stares at Nigel, who is occupied to prepare some food for everyone. He and the other Lunas, including Dave – Perry's mate – and Kieran – Cloud's mate. Nigel wanted to do something else, but I insisted he help preparing food as it's needed.

Blaine has his wounds stitched up. There are bruises that are quickly healing. It's so nice to see him again. After what he has done for me and my mate, I couldn't thank him more. Clearly this rogue is really different. He's so much more than a rogue. And now... I consider him as a family – part of the pack.

"It's so nice to belong," he finally says. Blaine takes a deep breath and smiles genuinely, lifting his chin up.

"It is," I say, watching my mate.

"I'm glad that your relation with your mate is finally working out," Blaine states as he turns his gaze at me. Even though he's happy that he's finally here in the pack, considered as a member and family, there's this sadness in his eyes that I know damn too well.

Putting a hand on his shoulder, I give it a light squeeze and tell him, "You know, it's going to work out for you, too. You just need to wait. You've proved to me and to everyone that you're not a rogue that we've encountered. Nobody even knew that rogues could change. We've always known they're meant to bring imbalance, but we're all wrong."

"Thank you," Blaine says as he takes a deep breath, looking at his hands, his eyes are still sad. I want to comfort him but I know that only he could remedy that. "I have met my mate several times; he was in the battle, too. He's a demon. But different. He... he was on our side. He was so close, yet so far. I wanted to reach him out. I knew he was sensing it, he was feeling what I was feeling, but we were too busy minding our own business when we just wanted to be there for each other. Hell, we haven't even properly met yet. All I know is that his name is Dantalion and he's a fucking demon. That's it."

"Trust me, it'll work."

"I hope so,"

The ground rumbles and everyone stops moving. In the sky, clouds begin to swirl, turning into a black cotton and the ground shakes again. Someone loses their balance and I hear Cloud and the other Alphas commanding the pack members to go to the basement. Blaine helps them and I run towards my mate, who is beginning to panic. I wrap my arms around him, assuring him that I'm here and that I will always protect him. He leans into my touch and lets out a sigh, but I can practically hear the erratic beat of his heart.