Chapter 4 ~ Friends

"In life have a friend that is like a mirror and shadow; Mirror doesn't lie and shadow never leaves." -Unknown

~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

As I rode in Karra's car to school, she automatically knew I was anxious.

"Hey, are you ok?" she asked with a concerned tone. "Yea, I'm fine," I responded softly.

"Um, no, you're obviously not. What's wrong?"

I should've known she would ask again. I wasn't really good at keeping secrets, and it didn't help that Karra was so good at prying them out of me. I knew I couldn't hold it in any longer. It had been almost a week already!

"So," I started off, "You remember that guy on the basketball team, number 15?" I asked. "Yea," she replied, "what about him?"

"And you know how I didn't leave the gym right away?" "Yea..." Karra responded. "Where is this going?" I was losing her.

"So, he told his mother that I was his girlfriend," I finally spit out. "What?! You're dating someone and didn't even tell me!" "No," I responded quickly. "He just told her that because she kept bugging him about it all the time." "Ohh, I get it now," Karra replied.

"So, is that all?" she asked. "Well..." I said reluctantly.

"He and his mom kinda invited me and my mom to dinner and we're kinda gonna go to a movie after." I said small, fake smile on my face.

"What! Your first date! How exciting! OMG, you have to tell me EVERYTHING after it, okay!" she responded excitedly. "Okay! Okay! I will," I replied while laughing.

We reached the school, which seemed like it took forever just talking about Jake and the dinner we had tonight. We were also a little bit later at arriving than usual, because Karra stopped to get Starbucks first.

We knew we wouldn't really have time to talk with Jaymie and Leia, so we just went straight to our classes.

First period was boring, again. But, even more boring than usual because we had a sub, and not just any sub, but Mr. monotone himself, Mr. Park. Mr. Park was in his mid to late 50's, and had a receding hairline very prominent with his slicked back, greasy oiled grayish black hair.

He spoke very, you know, monotone, and after he read the lesson plan word-for-word, he sat down at his desk, drank his coffee, and read his boring "How to Cope with Aging and Stress" pamphlet.

First period finally ended, and second went by in a flash. Second period was one of my more 'fun' classes: Art with Ms. Erin. She was around her late 20's, and had long, light brown hair she always clipped back and a sweet, endearing personality. She spoke with a soft tone, and let you do whatever kind of art you wanted: painting, drawing, clay molding, you name it, she had supplies for it.

~~~~~

As it was ten minutes into third period, the door of the classroom opened. And in walked none other than Jake Levi. He shot a no-teeth smile at me and walked up to the teacher, Mr. Alens, and showed him his new schedule change.

"Well, Mr. Levi, you can take the empty seat next to..." Please don't be me, please don't be me...

"...um, next to Lindsey please." He gestured his hand towards me, and Jake walked and sat down next to me.

"Schedule change, huh?" I said to him quietly. "Yea, my teacher moved me into the advanced math class, which kind of flipped my entire schedule."

"Could I take a look?" I asked politely. He handed me his new schedule and I skimmed down the list. "Oh, you have seventh period with me now, too." I said to him. "That's great! At least I'll know someone in that class."