Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do

"You can't convince anyone of anything. You can only give them the right information, so that they convince themselves." - Eben Pagan

~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

Friday morning

I woke up with my eyes feeling heavy, and realized, I cried myself to sleep. And even worse, over a guy. If anyone knew me, I would never cry over a guy.

I made my way to the bathroom, to get ready and see how puffy my eyes really were.

I pulled my tangled hair out of my face and up into a bun while securing it with a hair tie.

I walked out of the bathroom and put on a gray sweatshirt and black leggings. I brushed my hair, and put it into a messy bun.

To conceal my very noticeable puffy eyes, I put on a little eyeliner and mascara. I also grabbed my aviator glasses and black combat boots and made my way downstairs.

"Hey honey, are you feeling better?" my mom asked me as she made my breakfast: toast with strawberry jam.

"Yea, a little." I responded while grabbing milk from the fridge and pouring it into a cup.

"I'm picking up your dad at around 1:45, do you want me to pick you up from school early so we can go see him together?" she asked me.

She knew I missed my dad a lot, and I wanted to see him. Two weeks was a long time to be away. But, I ended school at 2:30. She also knew that it might cheer me up.

"Yea, thanks mom."

"You're welcome, honey."

There was a honk outside, which was Karra.

"Okay, bye mom, love you! I'll see you this afternoon."

"Bye sweetie."

"Hey Linds, how are you holding up?" she asked as I stepped into her car.

"I'm better, like nothing happened." I said and smiled.

She smiled back and headed for school.

As we got to school, I was dreading third period. Since it was Friday, we didn't have first period today, which means we would go straight to second, and then to third. And Jake was in that class.

Second period was okay, but the thought of third period brought my mood down a notch.

As I was walking to third, I bumped into Matt.

"Hey Lindsey, long time no see." he started.

"Sorry Matt, I really gotta get to class. Bye." He waved bye to me and I walked into third period. Luckily, Jake wasn't there yet.

As I was getting out my books and pen, I smelt cologne, Jake's cologne. Instead of saying hi, he sat down quietly and got his stuff out as well, which was good, because I wasn't really prepared to talk to him anyways.

We went through the whole class without talking, which was a good thing. But, when I was walking out of class, he made his way next to my side, and started walking with me.