Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends

"Talking to old friends makes you realize how much your life has changed." -Unknown

~~~~~~~

Jake's POV:

It took me SO long to build up the courage to say that. That's probably why my shower was so long. I went back in the house with a smile on my face, and I couldn't wait until it was Monday, where we had a class together.

~~~

Sunday went by pretty quickly. My mom and I did the usual, went to church, then to breakfast, and I took Guppy out for his morning walk.

Guppy wanted to play ball for a little while, so I sat on the bench and threw his bright, neon yellow tennis ball across the park until he got tired.

After about the tenth time I threw it, he brought the ball back, dropped it at my feet, and laid down with the ball in between his paws.

"Are you ready to go home now?" I asked Guppy.

He looked up at me and recognized the word 'home', so he quickly stood up.

"Okay boy, let's go home." I said with a smile.

I put his tennis ball in my sweatshirt pocket and we started walking home.

On the way, I ran into Chey Mailey.

"Oh, hey Jakie." she said, bringing her straight blonde hair to one side.

"Hey, Chey," I said, trying to avoid as much interaction as possible.

I started walking faster, but that wouldn't stop her.

"So, how have you been?" she said with an fake smile on her face.

"Um, pretty good." I responded. "How are you?" I questioned.

Dang, why did I continue the conversation?

"I'm great! I'm dating Ryan Davis, quarterback of the football team, and yea, that's all."

"Well, that's good. So, I really gotta take Guppy home, see ya." I said to her.

"Aw! I've missed Guppy." She knelt down to pet him, and he kind of turned away.

Good Guppy.

"Okay, I really gotta get going Chey," I said.

"Oh, okay. Bye Jakie!" she said as she hugged me.
Glad that's over. I hate that stupid nickname she calls me.

Guppy and I got home, and I unhooked his brown leather leash from his blue collar. I then walked to the kitchen to fill his metallic silver water bowl, and placed it down next to his dog pad.

"Here boy," I said to Guppy, "drink up!"

He made his way to his water bowl, his bright pink tongue hanging out of his mouth, while he was panting heavily from all of the walking we did.

I then walked up to my room, and plugged my iPhone into the charger, since I only had 16% left. I plopped on my bed and continued the homework I didn't finish yesterday.

I started my homework today at 2:15, and finished, at 6:30.

"Well, there goes my day." I said to myself.

I was being killed from boredom of my homework, then my phone emitted a ring. I walked back over to my dresser, where my phone was charging, and picked it up.

Lindsey: Hey, what's up?

Me: Nothin' much, but alg 2 is literally sucking the life out of me at the moment. You?