Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay

Lindsey's POV:

I only remember waking up in a hospital.

And Jake came to see me.

I don't remember our conversation completely, since I was on medication. I really pray that I didn't say anything too stupid.

A part of me was actually hoping he would come and visit me. I've missed talking to him. I miss just being with him.

"Oh good Miss Grey, you're up. You get to go home today." I heard a voice say from the corner.

There was a nurse dressed in blue scrubs and had her short blonde hair tied into a ponytail.

"Okay, thank you." I said with a small smile.

She typed a few things onto the keyboard before exiting the room.

A few minutes after she left, my brother came into the room.

"Hey munch, how ya' feelin?" he said before sitting in the chair parallel to my bed.

"Good I guess. Sorry you had to come to town for me." I apologized.

"Don't worry about it. As long as you're okay, that's all that matters."

I stayed quiet for a moment.

"He'll be at home when we leave here." he said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Jake. He'll be at our house when we get there." he explained.

"But..how..?" I stuttered.

"Lindsey, I'm your brother. I've known you for how many years."

"But I told you we were fighting?" I said, coming out as more of a question.

"Yes, but I saw him Linds. He came to visit you. And when he went home, he asked me if he could do anything or bring something for you."

My face reddened at the thoughts of Jake doing all these things.

"He's a good guy, Linds. He just messed up. Everyone does that sometimes."

"Thanks, Aaron." I said sincerely.

"No prob, munch."

"Oh, and I did threaten him so you're welcome." he added with a smile before walking out of the room.

"Dummy." I muttered to myself.

Until I heard a, "Hey! I heard that!" echo through the hallway on the other side of my door.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Have a good day Ms. Grey." the lady at the reception said as I made my way out on crutches.

"Thank you." I replied with a smile, and walked out of the two automatic sliding doors of the hospital.

Aaron helped me into the car, and I sat in the front seat, so I would have more room for my leg to rest.

"Do you want to go get something to eat before we go home?" my dad asked from the driver's seat.

"Sure," I responded.

"Okay, where do you wanna eat?"

"I don't really know. You can choose." I replied.  "I'm gonna take a nap, wake me up when we get there please." I said.

"Okay," he said, as I closed my eyes to rest.

When I woke up, we were pulling into the Sushi King parking lot.

I smiled because my parents knew this was my favorite place to eat.

"Thanks mom." I said when she helped me out of the car and handed my crutches to me.