Chapter 33 ~ Finally

Lindsey's POV:

"Can we talk outside for a little bit?" he asked.

I just looked at him blankly.

"Please?" he added.

I nodded and crutched my way out the door and to the bench a few feet away from the door.

"Careful," Jake said, trying to guide me.

"I got it." I told him as I sat down on the bench.

He sat down too and we were silent for a while.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked him.

"Do you remember anything that happened when you were in the hospital?"

"Um, not a lot, why?" I said.

"Do you remember that I came to visit you?" he asked.

"Um..yea. I remember that."

"What about our conversation? Do you remember that?" he asked again.

"No, I don't. Sorry. Can you remind me?" I asked nicely.

He took a deep breath.

"Lindsey, I was going to your house before Karra called me and told me you were in the hospital. I rerouted as fast as I could and went to the hospital. When I went to see you, you were still a little drowsy from the medicine they gave. You had just gotten out of surgery an hour before I came into your room. I apologized and told you how stupid I was for thinking you would ever cheat on me. I told you I was sorry, and you forgave me. And then you told me that you loved me."

I told him that I loved him?

"Lindsey, you saying that to me has been all I could think about since I visited you. I need to know. I need you know if you really meant it or if it was just the medicine talking. I need to know if you really forgive me. I'm so sorry for putting all of this on you right now. If you don't wanna answer, then don't. If you walk me to walk away right now and leave you alone forever then that's what I'll do. When you told me you loved me, I told you that I loved you too. And I meant it. I still mean it. Just please, tell me what you want me to do and I'll do it."

I sat there for a while, contemplating my thoughts.

Finally, I spoke.

"I want us to go back to the way it was before. I miss you being with me wherever I go. I miss you." I told him.

He then engulfed me in a hug, while my eyes swelled with tears.

"I love you, Jake. I still love you. And I don't think I could ever stop loving you."

"I love you too." he told me.

We pulled apart from the hug, and he kissed me.

It wasn't a hungry kiss, but a soft, gentle one, that makes you forget about everything and we were the only ones existing.

It felt right, to be with Jake again. It was as if a weight was lifted off my shoulders when we made up.

We sat there in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying each other's company, and the cold air that engulfed us.

"So, I guess it's my turn on crutches, huh?" I said.

"I guess it is. But I'll take care of you as well as you took care of me. Well, at least I'll try to take care of you that well." he joked.