Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed

Early author's note:
Above is the song that will be used in the chapter, you can listen to it before, during your reading, or after. I love this song and the artists are very talented. If you enjoyed it, I recommend you check out their other songs as well.

Now, onto the chapter :)

Lindsey's POV:

Friday

I woke up at 6:30 as usual and snoozed for a little longer until it was 6:38.

I realized I should probably start getting ready because Jake and I agreed that he would start taking me to school on Wednesdays and Fridays.

I sat upright and unplugged my phone that was resting on my bedside desk from the charger cord and brought it with me to the bathroom.

I did the usual, brush my teeth, wash my face, and all that stuff. Then I headed back to my room to pick out something to wear.

I pulled out a light pastel pink t-shirt and some white lace shorts and slipped that on. I brushed my hair, and applied a light coat of mascara. Finally, I grabbed the bracelet Jake gave me that was resting at the top of my baby pink and gold jewelry box.

I grabbed a pair of light nude colored flats from my shoe cubby and made my way downstairs.

"Linds, what do you want for breakfast?" my dad questioned.

"Can I have toast with jam please?" I answered.

"Sure, I'll get that ready. Pour yourself a cup of milk while you're at it."

I mentally rolled my eyes at the refrigerator as I opened the silver door to grab the gallon of skim milk and make a cup for breakfast.

I put the jug back into the fridge and went to go sit down at the dining room table.

"Here you go." my dad said while placing my breakfast in front of me.

"Thanks," I replied and then began to eat my food and drink my milk.

A few minutes after I finished and put my dishes into the sink for me to wash later (another mental eye roll), I heard a honk from outside.

"Okay dad, Jake is here. I'll see you later." I said and then kissed my dad on the cheek.

"Have a good day. Oh, and are you going to the championship game tonight?" he asked me.

"Yea, and Jake's gonna take me home." I replied.

"Okay, remember curfew!" my dad said after I slipped on my flats and was heading out the door.

"Yup!" I yelled back, already halfway to Jake's truck.

"Hi," I said giving him a peck on the lips.

"Hi. Are you wearing your bracelet?" he asked.

"Of course," I said showing him the beautiful bracelet he gave me placed on my right wrist.

He smirked and started to drive.

"Are you excited for the game?" I inquired.