Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings

"No, no, no, no, don't phunk with my heart." -Black Eyed Peas

~~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

I asked Jake if he wanted to get ice cream before he took me home, and he said yes!

I was so excited to get ice cream. I was really craving jamoca. I wonder what Jake liked. Maybe mint chocolate chip? Cookies and cream? Or maybe Jamoca, and we could share!

School went by pretty quickly, considering that I was on the edge of my seat the entire day.

I had to talk to Jaymie for a little bit, since we had a project for science and had to discuss when we would meet to do it.

After that, I made my way over to Jake's locker.

It was like I was in a fantasy movie, like he was the boy that caught me when I fell, except I'm just really clumsy and movies are scripted.

When I turned the corner to go to Jake's locker, that's when I felt my heart drop down to my stomach.

Jake was there, but he had his hands around the waist of Chey Mailey, one of the most popular, sassiest girls in school.

He looked me dead in the eyes, and the nerve of him not to take his hands off her waist when he did!

I was mad, but it felt like my heart was pulled out of my chest, crushed, and then stomped on.

I felt tears building up in my eyes, and all I could do was run.

Run away from this guy that I thought I might really like, but I guess wasn't what he seemed to be.

Maybe my chances of actually being in a relationship was slim, because that's obviously how it was turning out.

I texted Karra and said: I need a ride. ASAP.

Jake's POV:

"Linds, wait! Linds!!" I called out to her. I knew she heard me, but she didn't turn around.

"Jakie, where are you going!" Chey asked in her flirtatious tone.

"Chey, you've caused me enough trouble for one day. Heck, the rest of my life!"

I took her hands off me and sprinted in the direction Lindsey ran towards.

I saw her running, her beautiful brown hair blowing in the breeze.

"Linds, wait!" I was almost caught up to her, and I could hear her crying.

She would lift her hand up to her face and wipe the tears from her eyes. My heart broke knowing that I hurt her, and that was all that was playing in my mind.

You hurt her idiot! You hurt her. Now try and see what you can do to fix this mess you got yourself into.

When I got close enough, I grabbed her arm, but she ripped it away from my grip.

"Go away Jake! I don't want to see you right now."

Another piece of my heart.