Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions

Lindsey's POV:

"Good morning!" I heard Jake yell while making his way over to the truck to pick him up for school.

"Hey," I said, unbuckling my seatbelt and reaching over to the passenger's side to unlock the door.

"You're in a very good mood, what's up?" I asked while he put his crutches in the bed and climbed into the seat.

"I dunno, I'm just having one of those good days, you know?" he responded.

I chuckled at his answer.

"Okay, well I hope this continues." I said, pulling out of his driveway and heading to school.

~~~~~

I was at my locker, since school had just ended, and unlike Jake this morning, I was not having the best day.

When I got to school, the kid that sat behind me in first period kept kicking my chair, then in fourth period I forgot to do a worksheet, and by sixth period, I was just over it.

"Hi, pretty girl." I heard from behind me.

I thought this was sure to cheer me up right away, but when I turned around, it wasn't who I expected.

I stood face-to-face with Matthew Perry.

My facial expression turned from emotionless to a small frown.

"What do you want Matt. I'm really not in the mood to deal with you today." I said with a sigh.

"Little snippy today, aren't we?" he shot back.

"Is there a real reason you came to me, or was it just to get a reaction. Cuz if it is, I'm not giving." I responded.

Usually, I would have been kinder, but I wasn't really in the best mood.

"I just wanted to invite you to my party on Saturday. If you wanna come, come. If you don't, throw the invitation into the trash bin at the end of the lockers. And you can even bring your little boyfriend of yours." he explained.

"Not to be rude," I said,

"Little too late for that," he muttered under his breath,

"Anyways," I said brushing off his previous comment, "Why are you inviting me anyways?" I asked nicely.

"I just figured, even though we broke up under bad circumstances, I thought we could at least try to be nice to each other once in a while." he added.

"Okay, I'll see if I can come." I responded.

"Great, see ya Lindsey." he said as he walked off.

"Bye."

"Hey, ready to head out?" I heard from behind me.

I turned to see Jake standing there with a smile on his face and crutches under his arms.

I nodded with a small smile.

"You okay?" he said, coming closer.

"Mhm, just had a bad day." I answered.

"Wanna hang out at my house a little bit before you go home?" Jake asked me, placing his hand on my arm and rubbing it gently.

"Sure, let's go." I said as we walked to his truck.

~~~~~