Chapter 26 ~ Trust

Lindsey's POV:

"Hey Linds, can you come over here for a sec?" Jordan asked me.

"Sure. Jake, can you check us out please? Here's my apron, just throw it into the used bin." I asked him.

"Okay, I'll come back after." he said.

"So, what's up?" I asked Jordan.

"Well, you know..."

"You want to ask Leia out?!" I said, excitedly.

"How did you guess that from the three words I
said?" he asked me.

"I'm just that good. So, am I right?" I said.

"Yea, you're right. I just don't know how to ask her." he said twiddling his thumbs.

"We can talk about this later, because Jake is waiting for me. Just text me about it, okay? And I'll help you." I said to him.

"Thanks Linds, you're the best!" he said, hugging me.

I returned the small hug and walked over to Jake.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him, since he looked a little flustered.

"Yea, I'm fine. What was that about?" he said, referring to the hug with Jordan.

"That was nothing. I'm just helping him with something. Don't worry, he's like my brother." I explained.

"Okay," he said, and then took my hand and squeezed it gently.

We both walked to his truck, and after getting settled, I realized we had some time to kill.

"Hey, we have a lot of time left, you wanna go eat something before your appointment?" I asked.

"Sure, where do you want to go?" he asked.

"Where's your appointment at? So we can stay close to over there." I explained.

"Oh, it's in Wallison." he mentioned.

"Oh, I know of this ice cream place over there we can go to after we eat real food. There's also a sushi place next to it. Wanna go?" I asked.

"Sure." he said, as I started driving to Wallison.

~~~~~

"Okay, Mr. Levi, lift your ankle up to the doctor's table, please." Jake's doctor, Dr. Stone, said.

Jake followed the directions, and lifted his ankle up.

"Okay, does this hurt?" Dr. Stone said while pressing a spot on Jake's ankle.

"No," Jake replied.

"How about this?" he said, pressing a different spot.

"Just a little." Jake said.

"How about...."

"Ow sh...." Jake said, cutting the doctor off.

I looked at him, knowing he was about to swear.

"I was gonna say shoot." he explained.

"Uh huh, sure you were." I said back to him, with a little smirk.

"Okay, so I think it might be injured more severe than what your athletic trainer thought. I'm gonna check on something real quick, and when I come back, be ready to take an X-ray." Jake's doctor said.

"Sure thing, doc." Jake responded as Dr. Stone exited the room.

"Did pressing it really hurt that bad?" I asked him.