Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...

"Anywhere with you is a great place for me." -Unknown

~~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

I was excited for dinner, but I had no idea what to wear. So, as always, I called Karra to come over and bring some things she thought I should wear.

In the meantime, I took a shower and blow dried my hair.

A few minutes after I got out of the shower, Karra texted me.

Karra: hey! I'm outside :)

Me: okay, coming down😊

I slipped on a t-shirt and black shorts, and tied my hair back with a tie-dye colored scrunchie. I grabbed my phone and then headed downstairs.

When I opened the door, Karra was holding a big bag. I looked at her in confusion.

"What? You said you needed an outfit, so I brought outfits." she responded, dragging out the 's'.

"Okay, I'm trusting you," I said as I let her into the house.

We both walked upstairs and I sat on my bed, while she put the clothes bag down.

"Wow, that bag is pretty heavy," she said to me.

Okay, first outfit. She pulled out a maroon bodycon dress and a pair of black stilettos.

"Karra, are you serious?!" I said to her.

"What! You're going on a date after! You have to look presentable." she said back to me.

"For one, it's not a real date, and for two, it's dinner, at his house, not a gourmet restaurant, and a movie."

"Okay, okay, next outfit," Karra said reluctantly.

She then pulled out a flowy nude dress and some white heels.

"That's too fancy, do you have something a little more casual?" I asked her.

"Ugh, you're so picky!" she said while digging through her bag.

She took out a long, dusty rose tank top, black leggings, and black ankle-high boots with a small heel.

"How is this?" she said to me.

"It's perfect!" I told her.

"Thank you!" "You're welcome," she told me while smiling.

"Oh, and how did you get home today?" Karra asked me.

"Oh, Jake gave me a ride." I replied.

"Ooo, Jake gave you a ride?" she said with a flirty tone.

"What! It was just a favor." I responded.

"Okay, a 'favor'," she said to me. I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom to change.

I walked out and went back into my room to show Karra.

"OMG! You look amazing!" Karra squealed.