Chapter 15 ~ Home

"Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have." -Jim Rohn

~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

"So, where are we looking first?" I asked Jake.

I could tell he was really nervous because his eyebrows were furrowed and he kept running his fingers through his hair. Like, a lot.

"Um, I don't know. He couldn't have run too far, right?" he said with his voice quivering.

"I don't think so, he's big, but not big enough to run that far." I said, trying to reassure him.

We drove around his block, with no sign of Guppy. We stopped at a few houses to see if they had seen him.

"You can stay in the truck, I'm going to ask Mrs. Weaver if she saw Guppy. She always likes to give him treats on her afternoon run." Jake said to me.

I nodded in response as he jogged up the sidewalk leading to Mrs. Weaver's house.

When he rang the doorbell, a small lady, about 5'2, in around her late 30's answered. She was wearing a blue athletic tank top, black workout leggings, and black running shoes. The only thing I could understand in the conversation was her shaking her head. Jake thanked her (I think) and came back to the truck with a sad expression on his face.

"No luck?" I asked him.

"She said she didn't see him when she went running." Jake said.

"But, she did say she didn't run by the park, where she usually does. So, I think maybe we can look there." he said.

"Okay," I responded. We made our way to the nearest park, which was about 8-10 minutes away.

Jake parked across from the playground, that was surrounded by a grassy field. "Okay, we're here." he said to me while grabbing a leash and closing his door.

I exited the truck and we started to walk towards the grassy park.

"Where do you guys usually go when you come here?" I questioned.

"Well, Guppy likes to play ball over there," he said, pointing in the direction of the park bench. "I usually sit on the bench and he goes to get the ball."

"Okay, let's look over there then." I said.

In the area of the park bench, bushes and trees surrounded it. The bench was located at the edge of the park, so I thought that maybe Guppy was by the greenery.

"Guppy! Come here boy!" Jake cried out. I did the same.

"Guppy! Where are you?" I yelled. The only other sound we heard was the wind.

"It's no use. It's already getting late." Jake said.

"No! You can't just leave now. We may find Guppy here."

"He would've come by now if he was here. Let's just go." he said, about to turned around. I turned him back around to face me.

"I know it seems hopeless, but if we stop looking now, we won't find him. Let's just look a little longer. Okay?" I said, trying to reassure him.

"Okay." he said. We turned back to search by the bushes and trees.

"Is there find something you can say that will make him perk up, or pay attention?" I asked him.

"I don't think so. He usually just.." Jake stopped in the middle of his sentence.

"Wait! When I say 'home', he usually comes." Jake said excitedly.