Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings

**one year later**

Lindsey's POV:

"Guys! Can you believe it? We're graduating!" Leia exclaimed.

"It's only hitting me now." she added.

"Same." Karra replied.

The two of them, along with Jaymie and I, were standing outside of the diner, since we would go to the high school after we ate.

"Where's the guys?" I asked.

"Chris said they're running a little late." Karra answered. "Liam forgot his dress pants." she added.

"Oh gosh. You all have your stuff right?" Jaymie asked.

"Yup, it's all in the car." Leia replied.

"Should we just get a table so they can order as soon as they come?" Jaymie suggested.

We all agreed and sat at one of the longer tables.

"We're here!" a voice yelled after the bell above the door jingled.

We all looked to the door to see Chris strolling in, along with the other three boys.

"That's your boyfriend Karra." Leia said.

We all looked to Karra to see her face in her hand.

"I know." she said, muffled by her hand.

"Hey beautiful." Jake said, coming to sit next to me.

"Hi." I said, giving him a peck on the cheek.

Chris greeted Karra as well, and Leia went outside to bring Jordan in.

Soon after we all settled down, Leia and Jordan came in to sit down as well.

"Uh, I'm surrounded by couples. I'm seventh-wheeling." Jaymie said.

"Not, Liam doesn't have a date either." Chris added.

"Yea, I don't have a date, Jay." Liam said, resting his chin on his hand and sending Jaymie a wink.

"Gross. And please don't call me Jay." she said, trying to be at least a little polite.

Liam shrugged and continued to look at his menu.

About five minutes later, the waiter came to our table to take our order.

He was a boyish cute, with light brown hair and a tall frame. I had never seen him before, so he probably just graduated and was saving up money for college or something like that (because I would've seen him before considering how much Jake and I come to this diner.)

He caught Jaymie's eye right away.

Even better, she caught his as well.

"Well Jaymie, I guess you spoke too soon." Karra said softly to Jaymie.

Her face lit up to a pink and she turned her head away.