Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie

"Our time together is just never quite enough." -My Dear Valentine

~~~~~~

Jake's POV:

"Your dog is so cute!" Lindsey said to me.

"Haha, thanks," I said to her.

"He's only a puppy, but he's still pretty big," I added.

"Yea, but he is super sweet." Lindsey replied.

"So, you wanna be a vet?" I questioned.

"Yea. I've wanted to be one since I was five. I guess I've just always had a sweet spot for animals." she replied.

"What do you wanna be?" she asked me, genuinely interested in the conversation.

"Well, I don't really know yet."

"That's okay, you still have time to decide," she responded as we arrived to our destination.

As we pulled up to the movie theater parking lot, I got out of the truck and opened Lindsey's door for her.

She thanked me and we walked into the line to buy the tickets.

"Two tickets for A Dog's Purpose at 8:15 please." I told the worker on the other side of the glass.

"Your total will be sixteen dollars please," the lady told me.

"You two are so cute," she said with a big smile while handing me the tickets.

"Actually.."

"Thanks." I said, cutting off what Lindsey had to say and bringing her into a side arm hug.

I saw Lindsey had a small smile on her face as I took the tickets and we walked into the theater.

As we walked into the snack line, Lindsey wanted popcorn and candy, so I bought her some.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked her.

"We can share one, if you don't mind," she responded.

"Yea, sure. What do you want?" I questioned.

"Umm, orange soda?" she asked.

"Sounds good," I told her.

I paid for the drink and gave her the cup so she could fill it.

"Where's the jalapeños?" Lindsey asked me.

"Um, over there." I said after looking around to find the little bowl filled with jalapeños.

She walked over to grab some and came back to me.
"You like those things?" I questioned.

"Yup, I love spicy foods," she said while popping one into her mouth.

"Why, can you handle it?" she said to me.

" 'Course I can," I said to her.

"Okay, then eat one." she said, offering the box closer to me so that I could take one of those spicy little devils.

I hated spicy foods. I just couldn't handle my mouth being on fire, just for a piece of food.

I grabbed one and placed it into my mouth. It started to enflame my tongue, then quickly spread to my entire mouth.

"Hand me the soda, please..." I said to Lindsey.