Chapter 16 ~ Prepping

"Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control." -Richard Kline

~~~~~

Jake's POV:

I have to ask her to be my girlfriend.

She came with me to look for Guppy. Chey would have never done that when we were dating.

I need a way to ask her, and it has to be big. I know she'd be fine with it either way, big or small, but I wanna do it and surprise her.

I called Chris and Liam to come over to my house to help me plan something.

It was Sunday, and all this had to be done by Monday.

When they came over, I explained what I wanted to happen.

"Are you sure, man? This is kind of a hit or miss thing," Liam asked.

"Yea, if this goes wrong..." Chris added.

"It won't go wrong. Now I need you guys to help me with it. So shut up and go buy the white poster paper."

They looked at me with a face saying 'did you really just tell us to shut up'.

"Sorry, I'm just really nervous about this whole thing. What if she doesn't like it?"

"Calm down, man. We'll take care of it." Chris said.

"Oh hold up. Chris!" I yelled as he was walking out of the house."

"What?" he yelled back.

"Do you have Karra's number?" I asked.

"Yea, why?" he responded.

"Call her and ask her to come over to help. Tell her to bring Leia too. Please."

"Got it!" he responded as he walked into his red car.

~~~~~

I waited at home by myself for over an hour. How long did it take to buy one poster, some glitter, and some markers?

Just then, the doorbell rang.

I walked to the door, and then the bell started ringing repeatedly. I looked through the peephole, and there was Leia looking through the other side, Liam to the side of her, and Karra and Chris making out behind them.

I opened the door, and Leia and Liam smile at me. I clear my throat to get the attention of the two lovebirds kissing way too much. They both turn towards me.

"Is there something I should..." I began asking in the direction of Chris and Karra.

"Don't ask." Liam said, cutting my sentence short.

"Okay then, let's plan this thing out." I said, letting all of them into my house.

We all walk into the living room, and Liam dumps the bag of art supplies onto the carpeted floor.

"Where's the Gup?" Chris asked.

"Oh, he's outside cruising." I responded.

"So, what should we write on the poster?" Leia asked.

"Um, is there like any movies or things that she likes?" I questioned.

"Oh! She likes Beauty and the Beast! And her favorite flowers are roses and daisies!" Karra said enthusiastically.

"Good job, babe," Chris said to her. She smiled and gave him a peck on the cheek.