Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date

" I want a date where we lay down in the bed of a truck and look at the stars." -Unkown

~~~~~~~

Lindsey's POV:

Jake took me home from school today to get ready for the game. He said it started at 6:00, so I told Karra and Leia I would just meet and sit with them and the spirit squad.

I didn't really hesitate on what to wear, since Jake asked me if I could wear his hoodie to the game.

I put on a gray tank top underneath, just in case I got cold, and slipped on a pair of black jeans that were ripped at the knees.

I put my hair into a messy bun, clasped my silver cross necklace together, and grabbed my pair of white top converse.

"Hey dad, can I take your car to the basketball game tonight?" I asked my dad as he was sitting on the couch, watching basketball, and drinking a soda.

"Sure, why are going to the basketball game?" he questioned.

"Oh, to watch Jake play," I told him.

"Oh, okay. I have to meet him you know," he told me sternly.

"Okay dad, I'll tell him that." I said, smiling.

He nodded and smiled at me and tossed me his keys.

"Thanks, love ya!" I told him.

I hopped into his small black car and drove to the gym. It was 5:17, and the school was only a ten-minutes away.

Karra said she would already be there, but the spirit squad's call time was 5:30.

I pulled into the parking stall, grabbed my black over the shoulder purse, and locked the car.

I waved towards Karra, who was sitting on the bench.

"Hey, Karra." I said to her.

"Hey Linds, you excited for your date tonight?" she asked me.

"Well, that depends how well they do in the game. It is the semifinals." I said to her.

This was actually true.

What if they did bad tonight? Would Jake be upset on our date?

I stopped letting my thoughts consume me, and sat down next to Karra.

As we were walking, I heard a BOO! coming from behind me. And what's my obvious reaction? Well, to scream, of course.

I let out a shriek, high enough for dogs to hear. Karra was startled too, but not as much as I was.

Then, I heard the BOO turn into a laugh.

As I looked behind me, I turn and see Jake, in his uniform, and it looks like he is dying of laughter.

His jersey is a tank, so you can see his tan, perfectly carved muscles shaping his arm.

I made a mad face, crossed my arms, and his laughter started to slowly die down.

"That's not funny!" I said, all while hitting him in the arm.

"Okay, calm down. It was just a joke." he said to me.

"Don't do it again." I said sternly.

He raised his hands in surrender.

"Okay, I won't." he said in response. "Now I gotta get back in there, see ya." he said to my friends.