1. new year, new me

Four months had passed since Jackson turned into a werewolf. His family moved from Beacon Hills to London because they didn't think that it was good for Jackson to stay in such an awful place. For the past four months, Riley had grown closer to Scott and his pack. She even hung out with Allison and Lydia alone, even though every time she was near Allison, it was so hard to contain her anger. She couldn't help it. She didn't know why their families were enemies, but she didn't hold a grudge against Allison for it. All she wanted to do was to find out why. Maybe asking her dad or even Allison's dad would be the best option to find out since the shield wouldn't let her know herself.

In her spare time, she caught up with Isaac and sometimes Scott and Stiles whenever they needed to talk. Riley kept the hidden room in the fireplace a secret and begged Olivia to as well. She didn't want anyone to know just yet. Not until she knew everything about it herself. Since Riley still did not know much about werewolves or the supernatural, on the weekends she'd find herself with Deaton at his house talking about all things supernatural. He gave her some good books on accurate findings about werewolves and shapeshifters and in turn, she let him know stuff about her shield. They had even tried hypnosis to see if Emma would be drawn out in place of Riley so Deaton could ask her questions. All of the times they tried, it failed. Nevertheless, Deaton wanted to try a different method, but the two had never found time to do it.

Riley got a call at around 10 in the night from the hospital, saying that Isaac and a woman were in a motorbike accident. First, she wondered who the woman was. Second, she wanted to go visit Isaac as quickly as she could, even though she knew he was going to heal in no time. It was still scary for her. She slid out of her bed and walked over to her dresser, where she sprayed herself with some deodorant and redid her hair into a ponytail. She stayed in her pyjamas all day, and she was too lazy to change out of them. At least her pyjamas looked like normal clothes (she just threw on some sweats and a t-shirt from her wardrobe the night before). She took her keys, threw her slip-on shoes onto her feet, and took off down the stairs and towards the dining room.

"Mum, I'm going to the hospital to see Isaac." She announced, and she was just about to turn and leave when her mum stopped her again.

"Wait, what? What happened to Isaac?" She asked, as she lowered her reading glasses to look at her child and lowered her laptop screen as well. Riley frowned at her mother; she didn't need reading glasses, so why was she wearing reading glasses?

"He got into a motorbike accident with his friend. Why are you wearing glasses?" Riley explained, tilting her head at her funny-looking mother. Honestly, did she think it was cool to pretend to have bad eyesight? Her eyes widened behind the frames and hastily took them off, laughing at the frames as if they had jokes written across them.

"I forgot I had them on! I went to my optometrist and she recommended me some reading glasses. I think they make me look smarter, what about you?" She asked, putting them back on and smiling at Riley. She playfully rolled her eyes and smiled back, walking over and giving her a kiss on the head before saying bye. "Be back by midnight or I'll be coming for you and that boy."

Once she arrived at the hospital, Scott's mum, Melissa, was at the front counter. Riley had never really talked to Scott's mum before, but she has seen her a few times at Scott's house and at the school when the parent interviews were in session (of course her parents didn't go, since it was pretty long ago).

"Hi, Mrs. McCall, I'm here to see Isaac." She smiled as she leaned on the reception desk. She looked up from her work and frowned with a smile. She didn't recognize her. "I'm Riley, sorry. I'm friends with Scott."

Her frown soon turned upside down and she nodded, pointing at Riley with her pen.

"Oh, yeah! I remember him talking about you. Are you related to Isaac?" She asked, reading off her computer screen after she typed in Isaac's name.

"No, I'm not. We're best friends." She replied, and Melissa's wrinkle on her forehead came back as she lowered her eyebrows at the screen.

"That's weird; he put you down as his only family contact in the school records." She mumbled, and Riley raised her eyebrows. Really? He put Riley down as his family member? The love she has for that boy.

"Well, I basically am his family... He doesn't really have one." She explained, even though she didn't really believe that as true. He had Derek, Scott, Stiles and the girls. It didn't matter that Isaac didn't have a blood-related family anymore, he still had them.

"Well, I'm sorry but you can't technically see him because you're not family, but since you are in his family contact list... Then I'll let it slide. He's in room 215, on the second floor." Melissa smiled, and Riley thanked her. She wished Melissa were her mum. Riley made her way up the elevator and into the floor, spotting room 215 and walking in.

"Damn Isaac, this really is a good excuse not to come to school tomorrow." She smirked, walking over the boy in the bed. He smiled warmly at his best friend coming to see him at 10:30 in the night. "Do you really need to be on medication? Your body can heal itself, right?"

"It can, but this one is taking a bit too long." He replied, pointing to the bandage on his ribcage. Riley walked over to the side of the bed and sat down, as her eyes never left the wound.

"How come? What happened?" She asked, and Isaac sat back on the pillows.

"These two guys just randomly attacked me. I don't remember what happened though; apparently they took my memories away. A girl... She came and saved me, until they caught up with us. It was so strange. They were twin werewolves, they were the same age as us but they were alphas. Both of them. I don't know how that's a thing, but it is. Then their bodies merged and they became this ultimate alpha. God, it was horrendous." He explained, and Riley had a frown on her face the whole time. What girl? What boys? She was as confused as he was.

"Where's the girl now?" She opted for just one question; he needed rest.

"She should be in the hospital somewhere. I don't know where though. I hope that she's okay, she didn't seem like me." He replied. They spent the rest of the night together watching reruns of cartoons on the TV on the opposite wall until Isaac fell asleep, then Riley left him to his dreams. This whole thing was bugging her, who would attack Isaac and why?