13. angry

"All right, since intertia is a subject that you all know plenty about, why don't we start with momentum?" Mr. Harris announced, underling the word on the blackboard. Riley sat next to Isaac in class, whose leg wouldn't stop bobbing up and down under the table. It drove her nuts, but she knew he was beyond angry.

"They're here for a reason. Give me a chance to figure it out before you do anything, okay? Isaac." Scott mumbled behind Isaac, who ignored him.

"Danny, what is momentum?" Mr. Harris asked.

"It's the product of mass and velocity. The more massive something is, the faster it will go--"

"Mr. Harris, can I go to the bathroom please?" Isaac interrupted, and Mr. Harris motioned towards the door. Scott watched him leave in a panic.

"I have to go to the bathroom, too." Scott said and stood up.

"One at a time." Harris warned, putting his hand up.

"But I really have to go, like medical emergency have to go." He argued, and started to bob up and down as if he needed to pee super badly. It was quite funny watching him act as if he did need to go, but at the same time, Riley knew that Isaac was up to something bad.

"Mr. McCall, if your bladder suddenly exploded and urine leaked out of every orifice, I'd still say 'one at a time'." Mr. Harris replied, and Scott reluctantly sat down. He looked at Riley and motioned for her to go, but Riley wasn't really sure if she wanted to test Harris' patience. But, she knew that Isaac was in danger, so she had to do something about it. After a few minutes of him talking, she raised her hand idly.

"Can I use the bathroom?" She asked, and he nodded after a moment's thought. She got up and walked over to the exit, where she heard Scott arguing about the 'one at a time' rule.

Once she shut the door, she saw one of the twins on the ground with Isaac standing above him.

"Isaac, what did you do?" She shouted, as she ran over to him and squatted down. The other  twin stood across from the hall, but Riley did not pay much attention to him.

"It wasn't me." He defended, but the twin looked otherwise. He was bleeding from the mouth and Riley was sure that some of his bones were broken. She didn't know if she believed him, but why would he lie to her in the first place?

"What, did he just beat himself up?" She retorted, as classmates started to pour from all of the classrooms when the bell sounded. Riley helped him get up as she looked at Mr. Harris who was yelling at Isaac. Riley was going to tell Isaac that she believed him later, but she had to convince the twins that she was on their side first.

While Isaac was getting yelled at by a teacher, Riley felt very strange holding onto Ethan. He felt like he was pulling himself away from her, but she just decided that maybe Emma was pushing him. Danny came to help as well, since he was a bit heavy for Riley to hold. She looked at Scott, who looked very angry at Isaac. She knew it wasn't him, but Scott sure as hell didn't.

During lunch, Isaac and surprisingly Allison had detention together. She wasn't sure on why Allison did, but she knew why Isaac did. While she walked down an empty hall, she was curious to see a vending machine up against the janitor's closet door. But until inspection, she heard bangs and screams from inside. She heard Allison's voice, and Isaac's name.

"Isaac." She whispered, as she dropped her bag and tried to move the vending machine. There was no way she could do it, it was way too heavy for her. Shit, what should she do? She knew Isaac would lose control in there; it was a small space and there was no way he could bare it any longer.

Out of nowhere, Scott skidded across the hall and pushed her out of the way, practically throwing the machine to the side and flinging the door open, grabbing Isaac (who was all wolfed up) and pushing him against the wall.

"Isaac!" He yelled, power laced in his voice. Isaac snapped out of his wolf state and calmed down, as he stared at Riley. Her eyes were as big as saucers as she looked at the door that had multiple holes punched into them. Allison walked out, shaking from head to toe as Scott held her. Riley comforted Isaac, as he gripped her arms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry..." Isaac trailed off, holding his head in his hands.

"I'm okay. It's fine." Allison reassured, as she stared at the bloody marks Isaac gave her on her forearm. "It's not his fault."

"I know." Scott replied, looking at the ground with a frown. "I guess now we know that they want to get you more than angry. They want to get someone hurt."

"Are we going to do something about that?" Riley asked, as Isaac looked up at her and then to Scott.

"Yeah. I'm going to get them angry. Really angry."