10. chase

Scott and Chris had sent Riley home because they did not deem it safe for her to be out when there was rogue werewolves running around the town. Even though Emma was seething with rage when Chris entered her house to talk to Emma's parents about why she was home so late, Riley ignored her and went straight to her room. Her mind was taken off of the rage for a moment when she saw her fluffy cat sprawled across her bed, napping peacefully. Riley did not want to wake her, but she really wanted to jump on her bed and cuddle with her. But before she did, she took a quick shower, brushed her teeth and then she carefully climbed into bed. She prayed that her parents let Luna out to pee so she wouldn't get up in the night to claw her door.

Riley had not read the Bestiary in a long time. She never really found the time to, with Isaac being one of her prime focuses in life and also the raging supernatural that kept butting in and interrupting her day. She decided not to read it that night either; she suddenly got hit with a wave of sleepiness as she fought to keep her eyes open as soon as she settled in her bed.

After about an hour of half-sleeping, her brain wandered to pointless things that kept her awake, like werewolves, the moon, school... Her eyes snapped open as the pang of realization hit her that she forgot all of her notes at school that she was supposed to revise with for the big test that she had in her English class, and it was first thing in the morning, meaning that she had no time in the morning to revise. She groaned loudly in frustration and her eyes got a little glossy as she slowly sat up in her bed and threw a fit like a child. She banged her fists into her bed and Luna's head suddenly perked up at her to see what was going on, but then she lay back down lazily and went back to sleep. Her body was aching for her to just lay back down, but the test was at least half her grade for the first semester and she had not studied at all for it. She was not going to end up like Scott the year before who did not pay any attention to his school work.

After a few attempts at getting out of bed, she did not bother to change out of her matching long pyjamas (they were a silky violet) as she lazily draped a big jacket over her torso and threw on her toms, before taking her phone and keys. She looked at the time on her phone and was surprised to see that it was only an hour to midnight.

She lazily walked down the stairs and saw her dad asleep on the couch with the TV softly playing, which emitted flashing colours across the dark living room. She quietly passed the room and out the front door, shutting it with such care that she didn't know she had. She was never a quiet person because she never needed to be; most of the time, she was the only person in her house.

After pulling out of the driveway and onto the road, she quickly found herself driving into the school's parking lot. It was literally just a few blocks away from her house; she easily could have walked. As she pulled in, she was glad to see that the lights were still on, but she was very confused to see Scott and Chris standing around at the front of the school. She parked her car and jumped out, where she was greeted with a shocked Scott.

"What are you doing here? Go home where it's safe!" He hissed. Chris walked over as well and invited himself into the conversation.

"I'm here to get my school work, I forgot about it in the midst of Boyd and Cora becoming deranged killers. What are you doing here?" She explained in a sassy tone. She was beyond tired to function and she did not want to stick around to have a lengthy conversation and possible scold from Scott.

Before either of them could answer, they heard a howl from the distance, coming from the school's field. Scott hurriedly pushed Riley towards her car in a panic.

"You need to go, now!" He ushered, but Riley stood her ground.

"Stop pushing me! Is Issac with you? Stop!" She hissed, and spotted the boy at the front doors of the school. "Isaac!" She pushed Scott off of her and ran over to him, giving him a quick hug. As they pulled away, Isaac gripped onto her shoulder as he looked at her from head to toe.