45. party crashers

When Riley and Olivia were dancing with each other, actually enjoying their time, the black light party was unfortunately cut short because Derek had come back unexpectedly. The music stopped abruptly and the booming voice of Derek sounded throughout the apartment, which sent the party-goers fleeing. Allison, Isaac, Ethan, Aiden, Lydia, Riley, Kira, Scott and Olivia all stayed behind, knowing that they were about to get the beating of their lives from the big bad wolf Derek. But before any ass-whooping happened (Riley wished that he would start with Isaac), she was met with the great Oni. Five shadow men, or more commonly known as demonic warriors came out of thin air, surrounding the remaining crowd. Everyone stood motionlessly as they stared at the demons. They suddenly simultaneously turned towards Aiden, who looked very intimidated.

"Guys? They're staring at me. What do I do?" He called, standing his ground, but he looked terrified.

"Hide." Riley whispered ever so quietly, and she felt the warm feeling inside her that was always there, grow colder. She felt different, more alone. She couldn't describe it; it was like having something joined at your hip, and suddenly they weren't there anymore.

No one moved, afraid that if they did, something would spiral out of control. But Derek had enough of unwanted visitors, and took action. His eyes grew a cold blue and he approached the closest one, his claws out and ready to fight back. Riley held her arm out in front of Olivia out of instinct, and warned the others of the Oni.

"Don't fight them. They're not here for you." She called out, but everyone's eyes stayed glued to the Oni.

"Are you sure? I feel pretty threatened at the moment." Aiden said, his eyes flicking back forth between them all. Riley backed up with Olivia as she clung onto her arm, until the two were at the back wall furthest from everyone else. Riley wasn't about to go out there unarmed, especially not now since Emma was basically gone.

Derek growled, finally taking action and charging at the closest one to him. It turned to the werewolf and every punch he threw, the Oni blocked. The others took this as a cue to fight back as well, but Aiden stood there, as if he was frozen. Scott howled and took on another one, and then it was Isaac's turn. They all fought with the Oni, one standing in place as it stared at Aiden. He didn't do anything; he was paralyzed. No one was paying attention to him, as the Oni inched closer to him. Riley had to do something; who knew what would happen if he was marked? Would he die? What if the nogitsune was in Aiden?

Doing some quick thinking, Riley picked up the nearest bottle, stood up and pegged it at the Oni's head, where it smashed into a million pieces on the ground. It hardly moved, instead turning its head over to where Riley stood in front of Olivia while she sat on the ground terrified for her life.

Riley took a few steps closer, bracing herself for what's to happen. If anything went wrong, Emma would just come back, right? She wasn't gone for good.

"Leave him alone." She shouted, standing her ground fiercely, although she was shaking from head to toe. All of a sudden, the Oni staring at her shoved its hand through its black chest, pulling out a long, shiny ninjato sword. Oh, great; she wondered where it was.

That was a cue for all of the others to do so as well, until everyone stopped fighting the Oni, scared that they would get stabbed to death. Even though the werewolves could heal quickly, they didn't know about those demonic swords. It slowly walked over to her. She couldn't hear any footsteps; it was like it was floating a centimetre above the ground. The other Oni had stopped fighting, instead staring at the others with their swords in their hands.

When the Oni finally reached Riley, merely inches away, the other Oni disappeared only to reappear all around her. Her heart was pounding; she was terrified. She refrained from calling Emma back; who knew what they would do to her? These creatures must be special; Emma shielded Riley from all supernatural creatures; they couldn't see her. But somehow, they were so dangerous that she was the one who had to hide.

Her breath picked up, as she wildly looked at them all, until they enclosed her in a circle. The Oni that had walked up to her put its hand on her head and it felt like a cloud. It stared into her eyes and she stared back, unable to break it. It was hypnotic, the two brightly coloured yellow eyes staring into her soul... Her eyes glazed over a cloudy white. When the Oni took its hand off of the side of her head, her eyes rolled back and she fell to the ground. There was a small mark of the kanji symbol for 'self' tucked behind her ear.