46. missing

The rest of the gang were marked with the self symbol, meaning that none of them were the dark kitsune. Apparently Riley learned from Allison who learned from her father that they only seek supernatural, so Olivia and Stiles weren't going to be targeted, thank God. It was a terrifying experience for Riley, and she still had the chills a week later.

Surprisingly, for once in her recent few months of life, Isaac actually invited her over to help her combat the trauma she received from the mark, knowing how to deal with it since he was the first to get it. She also had no protection from Emma either, so she was way more vulnerable than the rest of them. He just wanted to make sure that she was alright, after all that had happened. It was really brave of her to stand up to that thing after it went for Aiden, but it also confused him; as far as everyone knew, she hated Aiden for what he and his brother had done to Boyd and indirectly to Olivia. He didn't understand why she saved him.

By the time Riley had realized what the time was (her and Isaac had spent so much time cheering each other up and reminiscing about their lives), it was too late for her to go back home. She was too tired to drive, and Isaac was too.

"You're welcome to sleep here. I'll sleep on the sofa." Isaac smiled, giving her a hug goodnight and heading over to the small couch in the corner of the guest room in Scott's house. Riley felt bad, she had to admit, but after just acquiring the knowledge and that he and Allison are actually unofficially a thing, she didn't want her to get the wrong idea. Isaac and her have been best friends for ages anyway, so Allison couldn't assume anything was going on. Besides, everyone thought Riley and Stiles were a thing, which most certainly was not true.

During the night, Scott had called out across the hall in a panic, forcing Isaac and Riley out of the room and into his, as they stared at him angrily. Well, Riley was, Isaac just seemed worried.

"Something's wrong with Stiles." Scott hurriedly said, throwing on a long sleeved shirt over his singlet for extra warmth. Riley instantly perked up at his words; what's wrong with Stiles?

"What's wrong with him?" She asked, now wide awake. Scott looked panicked, checking his phone again before looking up at her.

"I don't know." He replied hastily, and Riley ran back to the room to put her bra on under her shirt and throw her jacket on. She hated to wear bras to bed, and being at Scott's house was no exception.

"We gotta find him." Scott rushed, as he stood by the door, fidgeting, while he waited for the two to get ready.

"He's lost? Where is he?" Isaac asked, pulling on his jeans over his boxers and grabbing a jumper as well. What a dumb question.

Scott shrugged his shoulders and turned down the hall, the other two following closely behind him as Riley struggled to slip her shoes on while walking. She decided to tie them in the car. They reached the bottom of the stairs and Scott's phone vibrated in his pocket. He dropped his bike helmet onto the ground and answered it, as Riley took a peak at the Caller ID. Stiles. Before he could say anything, Riley snatched it out of his hands and held it up to her ear, a million worried wrinkles forming on her face.

"Stiles? Stiles where are you?" She asked hurriedly, as the two boys crowded around her.

"Basement... Some kind of basement..." He whispered and God, he sounded mortified. Riley had never heard Stiles this scared before.

"What kind of basement? Like a house?" She asked again, wanting to squeeze every detail from him.

"No, it's bigger... Industrial. Please find me, it's so cold in here. I'm freezing." He whispered hoarsely, and Riley could practically hear his teeth chattering.