22. possessed

Riley couldn't wait until the night was over so she could finally go home. At this point, she didn't even want to go to the stupid cross country meet which they will probably end up not even having. As she recounted the moments of being in the creepy motel, she remembered Boyd. She hoped that he was okay; well physically he was, but why would he punch the glass in the first place? That didn't sound much like Boyd. He only got violent when he needed to be; not when he was hungry.

Riley got up and left her room, hoping that Boyd was in his room and that Isaac was not. But of course, the case was quite the opposite. When she knocked on their motel room, all she could hear inside were small whimpers produced by Isaac. She immediately became concerned, all of the anger flowing out of her (well, for the time being). She let herself in, and found Isaac crawled up on his bed with the pillow wrapped around his head as he rocked back and forth as he repeated something to himself. As she grew closer, the words became more clear.

"I can't fix this now. I can't. I can't fix it." He repeated, and Riley walked over to the other side of the bed and saw his eyes were blankly staring into space. She saw him gripping the sides of the pillows and his fingers were growing white from the force.

"Isaac?" She whispered, as she crouched down in front of him. She slowly reached a shaking hand out and lightly placed her hand on his cheek. "Isaac, it's Riley."

He stopped repeating his lines and his eyes focused onto her face. He slowly sat up and stood, as Riley also stood up and put her hand on his arm.

"Are you okay?" She asked in concern, but he didn't reply. Instead, he looked down at her and moved closer. Riley leaned backwards, until her body couldn't do it anymore before she would fall. Every time she moved her feet backwards, he put his forwards until she hit the wall behind her that was a metre from the bed. "Isaac."

"I can't do this. I can't-- I don't know the difference, I'm sorry." He started to mumble incoherent sentences that Riley didn't understand. Her frown grew deeper as he continued to talk, looking at everything except her. He moved back, his hands finding their way to his head as if he had a blistering headache. He lurched forward as his words got louder, and Riley's heart beat faster. What the hell was wrong with him? She couldn't tell if he finally broke from madness or was possessed. Either were more common than you would think. "I can't fix this. Grab the chains -- grab the chains. Get in. Get in! Get in! Get in, damn it!"

His voice got louder and louder, and Riley grew concerned for his sanity and the neighbours. They probably thought that he and Riley were having sexual problems and he couldn't 'get it in'. Definitely the wrong time for a joke, but she couldn't help herself.

"Isaac, snap out of it." She said sternly, but remained glued to the wall. Last time she tried to intervene, he pushed her to the ground. She did not want to have to taste carpet as well as dirt anytime soon. At least not in the time span of around 3 hours.

Emma, however, had had enough of his ways; he was clearly going to do something bad, and if she didn't do something, she would regret it for the rest of her life.

If Riley died, then she did too.

Riley's eyes turned into a metallic silver as Emma forced Riley to walk over to the crouched boy and force him to look at the girl's face. Isaac's eyes turned into a bright yellow as he shouted in pain from the sudden bright light that was Emma Beacon. In an instant, he shielded his eyes and fell back onto the bed, hiding from the large beast that was currently engulfing Riley.

Riley's eyes surfaced back to her own dull brown colour as she leaned over to cough a bit; Emma took her by a large surprise so she suddenly choked on her spit.

"Riley?" Isaac asked, looking over at her in confusion. He was covered in sweat, likely from the terrors he was having in his own head.

"Jesus Christ." She groaned, coughing out the spit as she tried to breathe again. Once she had, she straightened up and took a deep breath, before looking at Isaac and sitting down with him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. What happened?" He asked, looking at his very shaky and sweaty hands.

"I don't know. I was kind of hoping that you would tell me."