9. I'm sorry

Riley went back home with Allison since she didn't have her car and she also wanted to know if she was holding up alright amidst the information she just learnt about her mother. Since she was too tired to take Riley home and her parents weren't picking up, Chris offered her a ride home after he got his shopping done.

Being the nice person that she was, she helped Chris with the bags as they journeyed from the store to his car. Tensions was obviously present between them, and they both knew why.

"You know about me, don't you?" She asked, and Chris kept his eyes in front of him.

"If you're talking about my knowledge on your ancestor, then yes. I am aware of 'you'." He replied in a heartbeat.

"So you also know that our ancestors are enemies?" She asked casually, as they made to the trunk of his car. He refused to look at her, knowing that the shield that stood with her was beyond angry for being in the presence of another Argent, who looked very similar to his ancestors.

"I know. We don't have to carry their feud." He muttered, and opened the trunk. Riley wasn't mad at the current generation of Argents, but someone was.

"I'm not mad at you, but something inside me is and frankly, I can't help that." Riley shrugged, as they both put the groceries inside the back of the car. Chris accidentally dropped a bag full of bread and eggs and sighed loudly. He glanced at Riley and shook his head.

"Of course it had to be the one with the eggs in it." He mumbled, and they put the rest inside. He shut the door, and when Riley was about to turn to get inside the car, Chris had his gun pointed at a boy who had just arrived.

"Scott?" She asked, frowning at his appearance. She had definitely had enough of Scott for one night.

"Hi." He said, as he stared at the gun in front of his face. Chris glared him down, and Riley was watching with caution. She knew he wouldn't pull the trigger; not in public like this. "Look, we need your help. We need to catch Boyd and Derek's sister before they kill someone."

"First of all, why would I care about anyone related to Derek? And second, I don't even know this kid Boyd. I don't even know his last name."

"Boyd is his last name." Scott replied, as Riley's attention shifted from the hand gun to Scott in confusion. She had no idea that Boyd was his last name.

"What's his first name?" She asked, now completely ignoring the fact that the gun was still aimed at her friend.

"Vernon." He replied, glancing at Riley before returning his gaze to Chris. "And, just curious. Is there a reason the gun is still pointed at me?"

Chris sighed, and his grip on the gun loosened. "Well, there's probably still some part of me that still wants to shoot you."

"I get that." Scott sympathised, and Riley couldn't help but agree. There were times where she wanted to shoot Scott as well, and knowing that he could easily heal from it, the idea was not that bad.

Chris lowered his gun and tucked it in his belt behind his back as he draped his tan jacket over the top of it so it was hidden from view. He walked closer to Chris, completely disregarding Riley's presence. She frowned and walked over as well, unknowingly blocking the view that Derek and Isaac had from the car they were sitting in up the road.

"Scott, I watched my father brainwash my daughter. Almost turned her into a killer. That world... Your world decimated mine. My wife, sister, father; my entire family. Why would I ever step foot in it again?"

The lowkey anger Riley always felt when around an Argent slightly submerged and shifted into pity, which she was surprised at. She would have thought that Emma would be happy to hear her enemy in pain; but she must have sympathised.

"Because people are going to die. Because you know how to catch Boyd and Cora without killing them." Scott explained, but Chris did not look convinced.

"I'm sorry, I can't help you." He said sadly, and turned to walk away. He finally remembered that Riley was there and looked at her as if he was thinking up a plot. She ignored his strange look and jumped into the car, knowing that the conversation was over. She shut the door and sighed loudly, wondering where Chris was and why he was still talking to Scott. A few minutes went by and she started to get worried; she didn't want to get out of the car because, well, she was lazy, and because she was a bit scared. She couldn't see Chris or Scott, which was probably because they were not close enough to the car or they weren't in her line of vision. But then, her suspicions left as quickly as they came; Chris and Scott jumped into the car and buckled their seatbelts.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she also put her seatbelt. He looked back and smiled deviously at her.

"I'm getting a ride."

They drove in silence down the main road, Chris getting instructions from Scott on where he wanted to be dropped off. Riley was still concerned as to how he got to the grocery shop in the first place, but then her mind wandered to the ice cream and milk that was currently going off in the boot. She was going to make a comment on it, but opted against it as they turned left into a parking lot and saw flashing lights and a dead body being pulled into an ambulance. Chris stopped and watched in shock as a man and woman stood crying over the body. Scott looked at Chris with a frown and Riley understood; he was showing him what Boyd and Cora had done.

She couldn't believe it; did Boyd and Cora actually kill someone? She got that they were werewolves who couldn't control themselves, but she knew Boyd for such a long time; she could never think of him as killing someone. She had no opinion on Cora, since she hasn't even met her formally, but judging by her family (as in Derek), she would not be surprised if she had some blood on her hands.

"Thanks again for the ride." Scott said, and made to get out of the car before Chris stopped him.

"They did this? Boyd and..."

"Cora." Scott replied. Riley chose to stay out of the conversation until she was needed; she thought that this was between werewolf and hunter. If she talked she might ruin the chance of Chris helping them. She did not really have the knack for convincing people to do things.

After thinking for a while and taking one more glance at the dead body, Chris made up his mind.

"Where was the last place you saw them?"