26. goodbye, my love

Riley almost bit her nail off at the sound of Ms. Blake screaming. It caught her so much by surprise, that now her nail was bleeding. Great, that was another problem to add to her long ass list.

She looked down from the staircase, seeing Derek bleeding from his stomach. He kept fighting. Kali jumped onto the table near to the back of the room and kicked Derek back, where he fell to the ground. Derek growled and got to his knees when Kali jumped over to him and kicked him in the face, sending him flying backwards and into the foot-deep of water that submerged his floor.

She saw Isaac make a run to Ms. Blake, who was currently crying in pain from the force of the twins, but Derek yelled at him not to. Isaac obliged, but very hesitantly.

Riley's phone buzzed, which was from Stiles.

NOW.

Riley got up and stepped down the stairs, watching wildly at the scene. "Run!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, as she saw Isaac and Boyd bolt to the door and to safety. Isaac ripped Ms. Blake from the twins' arms and the lights came back on. Boyd was too late.

He, Derek and Kali got electrocuted by the water, as Riley watched in shock as Boyd fell to the ground. The mass of power cut the electricity short, as Kali got up while Derek remained on the ground.

"Take him!" She yelled, and the twins ran over to Derek and helped him up. Kali took Boyd and lifted him to his feet, where the twins forced Derek to hold his claws up towards Boyd's torso. Kali dropped him onto the sharp claws, as he let out a pained groan. Derek lowered his arms as the twins let go, and Riley noticed that his eyes were a brighter red than normal. Boyd fell onto him limply, losing all of the strength he once had.

"I'm giving you until the next full moon, Derek. Make the smart choice. Join the pack... Or next time, I'm killing all of you."

Kali and the twins walked out of the room and out of the building, luckily not noticing Riley standing at the top of the stairs. She rushed down to the bottom, not wanting move as she watched Derek in heartbreak.

"No, no... Okay, you're okay..." Derek whispered, holding Boyd up as he stared at the blood running down his hands. He had shifted back into his normal state, and was no longer stabbing Boyd.

"It's okay." Boyd let out, looking very sleepy.

"No, no, it's not, it's not--"

"It's all okay, Derek."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Derek looked to be on the verge of tears. Riley's pain was radiating off of her like fire, but of course no one noticed. Every time her heart moved, she felt pain. Her eyes welled up. Boyd was going to die, and everyone knew it. She was once close friends with Boyd; he was an amazing person. They weren't that close anymore, but she sure as hell was gonna miss him. She didn't want to break the news to Olivia; she was sure that she still wasn't quite over him. Now, she couldn't even tell him that she actually did love him.

"The full moon... That feeling; that was worth it." Boyd mumbled, as Derek looked at him in panic. "There's a lunar eclipse... I always wondered what that felt like for one of us." Boyd fell back and into the water, as Derek sat there on one knee, his hands still held out in front of him.

Cora and Stiles turned up around the corner, as Cora gasped and ran over to Boyd, collapsing next to him as she started to sob in his chest. Stiles walked over as well, rubbing his face in stress as he looked at the scene in front of him. Lydia rounded the corner as well, but she didn't walk over. Stiles put his hand on Derek's shoulder to comfort him.

Riley slowly walked over to Isaac, who had stopped holding onto Ms. Blake and was sitting on the ground. He got up and walked down the steps, as he wrapped his arms around her tightly as her tears began to stain his shirt. They really meant business; they were willing to kill an innocent teenage boy to make a point. Riley didn't care that they were all werewolves, she was ready to kill all of them. Riley never wanted to hurt anyone, and she never wanted anyone else to hurt each other. But the alpha pack hit them hard, for no reason, and Emma especially, was not going to let them win.