15. death

Riley found herself in what looked to be an abandoned mall outside of Beacon Hills. It was eerily quiet and made her footsteps seem ten times louder than they actually were, but to werewolves, they couldn't hear a thing.

She was in the shadows, but then she came across a large open area with escalators leading up a floor and down a floor. A man with a cane stood on the escalator leading up, who was talking to Derek, Scott, and Isaac. Riley saw Cora and Boyd there as well.

"How would a blind man find his way into a place like this, all on his own?" He said. His booming voice echoed throughout the large room, which sent chills down Riley's spine. She heard cement breaking and little pieces hitting the ground as she spotted a woman sliding down the column with her claws digging into the wall. She was bare footed and had long and clawed toenails as well. She dropped to the floor as everyone stared in shock, and Riley saw her eyes completely submerged in a bright red with fangs bared. A very large bald man came from the downstairs escalator with hair on his face and red eyes as well, with his claws sticking out. The two twins stood on the above floor, overlooking the people who watched below.

Riley felt very outnumbered, and remembered that if the werewolves decided to look into her direction, she would totally be screwed. Because to them, she was literally a walking beacon.

They all stood around, waiting for something to happen. But of course, Derek did not think and went straight to the leader, Deaucalion, who stood on the escalator. He did not flinch when Derek ran towards him, because the woman with no shoes on jumped up and kicked Derek back. The fighting soon began. Riley hid behind the pillar and kept a close eye on Isaac. She really only cared about him the most. She hardly knew Cora, her and Boyd weren't really on speaking terms, Derek could look after himself, and Scott was basically an Alpha of his own pack. That really only left Isaac. Ethan and Aiden jumped from the second floor and onto the first. Riley gasped in shock as she watched their bodies morph together to create one giant Alpha. So it was those twins who attacked Isaac. She knew it was them, but she needed this closure to fully accept the truth. She was going to become their friends! Obviously not now; they hurt Isaac.

Now, she was going to hurt them.

Isaac ran at them, fully transformed into his werewolf state, only to be pushed to the ground. Scott rolled his eyes and shifted as well, only to be thrown into the wall behind them. Cora and Boyd fought the large bald man in turns, until it seemed like he cracked Cora's back and she let a shrilled scream. She was pushed to the ground, and Boyd took a hit. It seemed like Derek was winning his fight, since he got a few good punches in, but she seemed to be slightly overpowering him. Isaac tried to attack the twins, but they grabbed his arm and twisted it back, sending an array of pain through both Isaac and Riley. While holding Isaac, the twins clawed Scott up his side as he let out a pained shout. They were losing their battle.

Cora was down, and soon Boyd, Scott and Isaac were as well. Riley wanted to go out and save them, but Emma knew best when to jump in at the right time during a werewolf fight. Derek stood tall, but he did not attack. The woman stood on Cora, forcing her to stay on the ground, and the bald man did the same to Boyd. The twins pushed Scott and Isaac down as well, and it was clear that the Alpha pack had won.

"Kill him." Deaucalion ordered, referring to Derek and Boyd. Derek looked down at Boyd, who was terrified out of his mind. "The others can go."

Derek wouldn't actually kill his own, would he?

"You're beaten." Deaucalion pointed out, as he started to walk down the steps. "Do it, Derek. Take the first step."

"Are we serious with this kid? Look at him! He's an Alpha? To what? A couple of useless teenagers?" The woman scoffed, staring at the beaten kids.

"Some have more promise than others, Kali." The leader responded, looking directly at Scott.

"Let him rise to the occasion then. What will it be, Derek? Pack, or family?" Kali asked, as she put more weight on her foot that was crushing Cora's neck. She struggled in pain, trying to pull her off, but it wasn't working. He did not decide, but growled lowly at Kali.

All of a sudden, an arrow cut through the air and hit the twins, sending off sparks and emitted a large explosion of light. The arrows kept coming, which forced everyone to stop what they were doing and get up. Riley took this chance to bolt across the room to Isaac, where she helped him up.

"Your eyes, cover your eyes!" Deaucalion yelled and as he crouched to the ground in cover. Cora and Boyd helped each other escape, and Scott and the large man ran at each other. A boom echoed around the room as they both crashed into each other. Scott slid back and so did the large man, neither defeating the other. Scott looked up, and to everyone's astonishment, his eyes were red. Only for a few seconds, however, when he shook his head and blinked a few times before they returned to their yellow colour. When the man got back up, Derek attacked him from the back.

They both rumbled for a bit, until they both got a little too close to the edge. Scott struggled to get up, because of the wound the twins gave him moments before. He scrambled over to Derek, trying to save him, and clawed the back of the large man's leg, which gave Derek the advantage. But, unfortunately, when they fought, they both toppled over the ledge, sending them down two floors until Riley heard a large thud as their bodies hit the ground. Scott yelled after them and looked down, seeing the two lifeless bodies at the bottom. Isaac and Riley ran over to him and pulled him from the edge.

The twins disappeared somewhere, and Kali was up on the escalator with Deaucalion, but she was staring at Riley with such fascination. Deaucalion did not seem to notice her, even when he looked at her with his shifted eyes. Without his sight, his other senses could not grasp her, which put Riley at a very large advantage than anyone else.

The trio all looked down from the broken off edge and saw Derek. He was dead.