20. glen capri

Stiles hurried over and picked Riley up by her underarms. She smacked her hands together to get rid of the dust and Stiles helped by dusting off the dirt from her back and jeans.

"I'm fine, thanks Stiles." She mumbled, and Isaac stared at her as the boy was getting too close for comfort.

"Riley, are you okay?" He asked, stepping forward. She stepped back, closer to Stiles, and glared at the boy with the broken knuckles.

"Fine." She stated, and turned to Stiles. "Let's get back on the bus." She ordered, and took his hand before dragging him off towards the bus where they sat back down in their original seats. She was glad that Coach had found enough cleaning supplies on the bus to rid the stench that was Jared so she didn't have to wear a nose clip to block out the putrid smell.

"Hey, are you actually okay? He pushed you pretty hard."

Isaac listened to their conversation outside, while he felt his knuckles healing quickly. He didn't hear Riley's response, but when he looked at her through the window, he saw her lips moving.

"Are you sure? It seemed like he wanted to do some damage. For a second, I thought he was going to turn on you."

Stiles' comment made him even more angry than he already was; he would never hurt her on purpose, even though he's done it many times before without his knowledge. He was the ticking time bomb and Riley was the wire cutters. Every time she made a mistake, Isaac would go off (which seemed to be all the time, only she never did anything wrong; maybe he was just a faulty bomb).

"Yeah, maybe." Riley shrugged at his statement. Yeah, Isaac did seem to not care about Riley as much anymore, but she thought that he had a lot on his plate; especially with the death of another person close to him. Derek was basically like his family, but that soon ended when he kicked him out and eventually was killed. Riley wasn't overly sad about Derek's death. Yeah, it tugged on her heartstrings when she saw him fall, but he was such an asshole to Isaac.

"Don't worry about it, you two will be friends again in no time." Stiles encouraged, as he gently patted her thigh. He was aiming for her hand, since it was on her thigh, but she moved it half a second before he made his move, which made things a little awkward as he quickly moved his hand away. "Sorry, I didn't mean to do that."

Riley chuckled and shook her head. "That's okay. I didn't mind."

She would have regretted saying that if everyone didn't just enter the bus. That would have been a very awkward silence to endure and frankly, Riley didn't have the willpower to go through with it. Instead, she opted to just listen to her music through her headphones and pray that Stiles didn't think she liked him. Well, she did, just not in that way. Sexually, sure, but who didn't like each other sexually. Hell, Riley was sure that Stiles liked Scott sexually, but of course he would never admit it.

Night quickly fell and the teens found themselves in front of an old motel that bore the sign: "MOTEL; glen capri". Riley shuffled her bag up onto her shoulders and stepped out into the cool air. Coach stood in front of the tired crowd with a bunch of motel keys in his hand.

"Listen up, the meet's been pushed back for tomorrow. This is the closest motel with the most vacancies, and least amount of good judgement when it comes to accepting a bunch of degenerates like yourselves. You'll be pairing up so choose wisely."

Riley looked around and already saw the invisible bonds between the groups of two people who unconsciously inched closer to their desired partner. Riley stood in place beside Lydia, who undoubtedly chose Allison as her partner. She just hoped that one room had an extra bed.

Every pair took a key and walked through the parking lot to the old and scary motel and coach turned back and looked at them leaving.

"I'll have no sexual perversions perpetrated by you little devious teenagers. Got that? Keep your dirty little hands to your dirty little selves!"

Riley didn't know whether or not to walk off and get a room to herself, but before she decided, Allison nudged her shoulder and motioned for her to come with to get a key from coach. They both walked a few steps until Riley noticed a certain strawberry blonde girl that wasn't with them. The two girls turned back to Lydia who stood in place as she stared up at the motel.

"Lydia?" Allison asked, as Lydia's expression turned to fright.

"I don't like this place."

"I don't think the people who own this place like this place." Allison joked, and Riley chuckled beside her. She had to admit; that was a pretty funny joke. "It's just for a night."

Lydia looked around, not convinced that the place was any less terrifying. "A lot can happen in one night."

*

Riley sat on a bed in Allison and Lydia's room since she was forced by coach to get her own room because she was the only person without a pair. She suggested moving a bed into another room so three people could sleep in there, but he just made a comment about how 'teenage girls are such wimps' under his breath as he walked away. So, she just decided to hang in their room until it was actually time to sleep (which she probably wouldn't be doing, since she was really starting to feel the weird and eerie vibe that Lydia described earlier on).

She was in the midst of texting Olivia when she heard glass smashing outside, and jumped at the sound. While she ignored the nervous and scared feeling inside, she peeked her head outside the door and on the bottom floor. She could see Stiles frozen at the vending machine with Boyd walking away. She decided to investigate the strange event and travelled down the steps over to him, where Stiles was currently stealing a bunch of snacks from it.

"What happened?" She asked him, as he spotted her walking over. The glass of the vending machine that was usually there to show the snacks was spread out over the ground and shards stuck out of the machine.

"I don't know, Boyd punched the glass when his snack got stuck. I guess he was just really hungry." Stiles explained, motioning at the glass. Riley nodded and looked at the variety, taking a few chips for herself. She felt bad, yes, but the guilt tasted good.

"I guess that makes a little bit of sense. Hey, is it okay if I just chill with you? Allison's in the shower and Lydia is just sitting on her bed staring at the floor. I figured that you and Scott would be having a lot more fun than I am."

Stiles looked hesitant for a split second, before finally nodding. She didn't know why it took him so long to reply; their awkward encounter happened like, 2 hours ago. She was over it, so he should be as well.

The two made their way up to his room (which Scott was not in, weirdly enough. She just thought that he must have gone to annoy Allison), and shut the door, as they sat in silence eating their guilt snacks. Her mind wandered to Isaac and she thought about what he was doing. He was in the room a few doors down to Stiles, maybe she should see if he was okay? No, he should be the one seeing if she was okay. God, all she wanted is to make him angry. Sometimes she wanted him to be in as much pain as he gives her. How could she do it though? Isaac was like her big brother; even though he hurts her, he doesn't mean to. He'd do anything to help and protect her, even if that meant hurting himself. But lately, Riley had had enough of his attitude; it was time to show him who she really was.

She was not one to be messed with.