27. olivia

"What do you mean, he's dead?"

"Olivia... I mean that he... He's dead. The Alphas killed him." Riley sat on her bed as she watched Olivia's whole demeanor drop in sadness as she realized the horror that Riley witnessed.

"Dead? Like, actually dead? Erica's dead as well, isn't she? The Alphas killed her as well, didn't they?" She asked, and her eyes were glossed over with tears. Riley sighed and nodded, noticing Olivia's shoulder dropping along with her tears. Riley got up and wrapped her arms around her best friend, consoling her sobs in her shoulder. She rubbed her back soothingly and held her tight, almost crying as well. She hated to see her in so much pain. Riley wished she never got involved with this supernatural mess. She knew from the start that she shouldn't have involved Olivia, but it was too late now. The Alpha Pack hurt her, and there wasn't going back from that.

"I'm so sorry Liv, I know you really liked him." Riley mumbled in her hair, which only made her cry harder. Riley didn't know what to expect when she was rehearsing what she was going to say to break the news to her. Would she cry? Would she brush it off? She hasn't talked to Boyd in three to four months, and she knew that he liked Erica. Olivia was one of those people who could just turn her feelings off just like that, especially if there was a reason why she should. But Riley thought that Boyd was finally the one who caught her heart and kept it with him.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye. He just disappeared." She whispered hoarsely, moving Riley's hair out of her face as she rested her chin on her shoulder.

"Me neither." Riley answered truthfully, remembering the scene very vividly. She would never forgive those twins; and she knew that Olivia wouldn't either. Would it be a good idea to tell Olivia about them? No, it was about time that Riley controlled how much Olivia knew about her world. She didn't belong in it, so she shouldn't be scarred by it.

All Boyd wanted was some friends, that was the only reason why he agreed to get the bite. Derek told him that it would bring him popularity, but Olivia like him before he was a monster. Olivia was there for him, but Boyd didn't see that. He was chasing the dream of becoming liked, but he didn't realize that one girl had already fallen for him.