51. monster

"This is insane, he should be in the hospital." Melissa stressed, referring to the passed out Stiles with a deep slash across his stomach. It was a few days after the attack of the Oni, and Stiles had only just been found after being missing. Apparently, on their way to find a girl named Malia Tate, Lydia and Aiden had found themselves in an empty parking lot with Stiles lying unconscious in the middle of it. What the weirdest thing was, was that Stiles appeared to be healing.

"Speaking of the hospital, when were you going to tell us that Isaac had been released yesterday?" Riley asked, looking at the middle aged woman accusingly. Her frown just deepened even more, with some confusion mixed into as well.

"Isaac wasn't released, we haven't even looked at his release date yet." She argued back, and it was Riley's turn to be confused.

"What? I went to the hospital this morning and he wasn't there. I texted Allison to see if she knew anything about it and said that he showed up at her house." She replied confusingly, looking at Scott. "So Isaac just left?"

"He must have. No staff would have just let him --"

"Ladies, please." Aiden interrupted, and Riley glared at him. "We have bigger fish to fry here. Deaton, why aren't we tying him up with really big chains right now?"

"I have something that would work a little better." He said, and pulled out a flask with dark yellow liquid inside. He motioned for the two boys to hold him and poured it into Stiles' mouth. He instantly woke up and latched onto Aiden's throat, where he started to choke.

"Get him off!" He gasped, and Riley ran over to assist Scott and ripping Stiles's grip off of him as he got away. His hand started to stiffen and it dropped by his side, where he started to snicker.

"Kanima venom, nice touch." He said, and Aiden growled at him. "You still got that connection when one twin feels pain the other does too? I hope you didn't lose that too, because you're gonna need it."

Everyone looked at each other confused, until Stiles rolled his eyes and smirked.

"Okay, I'll give a little hint. He's at the school." He said, and Aiden hesitated before running out the front door of Scott's house. Stiles laughed as he ran; it sounded psychotic. "God I hope he gets there in time. I like the twins; short tempers, homocidal intentions. They're a lot more fun to play with than you superheroes trying to save the world all the time."

"You paralyzed his body, got anything for his mouth?" Melissa asked Deaton, and he nodded, ripping some tape off of the roll and placing it over Stiles' mouth. His shouts were muffled by the tape.

After Melissa had treated Stiles' wounds, Lydia, Scott, Deaton and her all stayed in the kitchen to discuss the plan while Riley stayed with Stiles. She played with her knife in her hand as she kept watch on the boy. A few minutes went by and she heard a sniffle, then immediately looked up and saw Stiles crying. She stared at him, looking at the pain in his eyes and knowing that he was terrified out of his mind. It wasn't him, she had to remind herself of that.

"You're not Stiles. You can't trick me." Riley warned, holding the handle of her knife as she glared at him. She acted strong and tough, but she really wasn't. His pained expression immediately dropped, as he glared at the girl with some sort of smile in his eyes. "That's right. You may be the master of mischief, strife and tricks, but it doesn't work on me. You'll get nothing from me. You do realize that I can tell when you're tricking people. As I said, you can't trick me."

Stiles looked at her again, almost envied her words, until the tape started to move around on his mouth. Stiles let out a stifled shout, and blood started to drip down under the tape and down his chin. Riley sat up cautiously, watching in horror as the blood kept running down. What the hell was he doing?