31. hospital

Riley got to the hospital and was thankful that she saw Stiles' and Chris Argent's cars, which was a sign that maybe Isaac was there as well. To say that she was scared was a pretty big understatement; frantic maybe described how she felt at that moment. She had no idea who was at the hospital, and she could only imagine that it was only her friends. But sadly, that was not the case, since the Alpha Pack had decided to join the party as well in the hunt for Ms. Blake. Riley had no idea where to look first, but she opted to just wander (carefully) throughout the place and pray that whoever she stumbles upon is both alive and doesn't want to kill her.

The hospital was dark because of the power loss caused by the storm, but thankfully they had an emergency generator, so it wasn't completely pitch black. After running through the rain to get to cover, she shook off the loose water droplets and took her heavy jacket off and threw it on the ground in the entrance. She could pick it up when she left.

She quietly walked through the hall, looking around herself the whole time since her heart was pounding in her ears, making it harder to hear. She had no idea where to look first, nor did she know who exactly was in the hospital, so she texted Stiles to see where he was.

After a string of texts from him yelling at Riley to go home, he told her that he was in the basement garage. Riley had only been in the hospital a few times herself, so of course she wouldn't know how to get there. But she knew that if she followed the elevator down, she'd get there. Obviously.

She walked over to the elevator and pressed the button, but nothing happened. The power wasn't on, so that meant she had to find the stairs and take them down. Only, she had no idea where they were. She wished that place had a map on the wall, or something like that to guide her. She wandered around for about ten minutes, looking into every room and every hall, until she found a door labelled 'stairs'. Damn, was she grateful for that. She quietly opened the door and ran down the stairs, but then she stopped dead at the bottom as she saw a very large man with claws walking away from her. It was the twins. She was going to ask why they were there, but she opted not to; if they were there like that, they weren't here for greetings.

After they left, she spotted an ambulance and ran over to it, jumping in fright as she saw Stiles sitting inside along with a sleeping Cora on the bed.

"Let me in!" She whispered forcefully, and Stiles unlocked the doors and she jumped inside. She sat down next to him and watched as he secured the doors once again and turned over to her in shock.

"What were you thinking? Why the hell are you here? You do know that the alpha pack and the Darach are here, right?" Stiles lectured, and Riley tried to slow her breathing down.

"Yes, Stiles, I realize that. Just chill out, okay? I wanted to help my friends. Lydia's at the hospital down town, where she's safe." She explained, and Stiles huffed out some air.

"Still not a--" He stopped talking as the two heard footsteps coming towards the vehicle. Riley watched the windows in the doors as Stiles put his ear to the side of the car. Riley jumped violently in fright as Scott's hand banged on the window of the ambulance, with Peter in his arms.

"Let us in!" He ordered, and Stiles once again opened the door. Riley jumped out and helped Peter inside as he collapsed in the chair Riley was previously sitting in.

"Where's Derek and Jennifer?" Stiles asked. Scott leaned on the car as he breathed out heavily.

"I have to go back for them, and my mum." Scott explained, and Riley rolled her eyes. Of course he has to go back for them. Can't they look after themselves?

"Okay, two problems. Kali's got the keys to this thing, and I just saw the twins, like, 30 seconds ago." Stiles replied, and Scott glanced behind him before looking back at Stiles.

"Stay here."

"I'll come with you." Riley offered, and Scott looked at her before hesitating.

"No, you're staying here. I can't handle being with two Hale's alone." Stiles interjected, leaning over towards her.

"But I can help Scott." She explained, and looked at him. "I'm coming with you."

Scott looked at her for a few seconds, before nodding his head. "Okay, fine. Just stay close to me."

"Scott, seriously?" Stiles asked, his mouth hanging open. "She can go but I have to stay here and babysit?"

"Stiles, she's got Emma, and you need to look after Cora. Please." Scott reasoned, and Stiles sighed loudly.

"Fine, just go. I'll be here." Stiles waved off, and shut the door of the ambulance.

The two teens ran out of the basement and back into the hospital, where they wandered through a narrow hall towards the main floor. Scott suddenly stopped, as he looked behind them down the hall. Riley turned her head a second before Scott did, so she saw the giant man running towards them like lightning. Before she could process it, however, the twins pushed Scott into the wall and swung their large arm back, hitting Riley and pushing her onto the ground. For a shield, Emma doesn't really see when danger is around. But maybe it was because Scott was with her. Emma grew to stand Scott, but she still didn't like him based on his supernatural status. The twins grabbed Scott by the throat and pushed him against the wall, bringing him up from his feet.

"Where is she? We're trying not to hurt you." The twin yelled, and Riley used the wall as support to bring herself up.

"Try harder." Scott choked, as he gripped their arm. Riley saw Melissa approaching from the opposite hall with a defibrillator in hand.

"Hey! I'd like to try something." Melissa called out, and the twins dropped Scott as she electrocuted the twins in the chest. They seized up and fell to the ground, separated from one another. Riley got up and smiled at Melissa, who helped Scott up as they ran down the hall and away from the twins.

They got to the first floor and through the door to the main hall.

"Why did Deaucalion let you go?" Scott asked, and Melissa's hands were shaking.

"He just let me go, said it was a gesture of goodwill. No other reason." She replied, and Riley frowned at her answer. She didn't know Deaucalion that well, but she knew enough to know that what he did was very out of character.

"He had to have a reason. I don't think he does anything without a reason." Scott urged, obviously very worried.

"Well, if that means that I should continue to be profoundly terrified, then don't worry about it. I got that covered." Melissa joked, and Riley nodded in agreement.

"I'm pretty terrified as well, don't worry about it." He informed, and Melissa rubbed his arm soothingly. Scott stopped the two girls from walking, as they slowly came up to a corner. He carefully walked towards it, then looked over and jumped at the sight of Chris, Allison and Isaac. Riley was so relieved to see him alive.

She smiled with glee and walked over to him, giving him a tight hug. Allison's eyes followed Riley over, and they lingered at the two before turning away.