6. twins

"So the mystery girl leaves a bruise on our arms that turns out to be the logo for a bank? What is she trying to do, give us investment advice?" Lydia joked. Allison, the aforementioned girl and Riley all climbed out of Allison's car in front of the school. Riley was so not ready for another day of emotional stress but she had to endure it to graduate high school, which was definitely something on her to-do list. Not dying was up there as well, which seemed to be a normal thing for someone in the same situation as Riley to mentally note.

"Not at this bank, it's been closed for years." Allison replied, as they all made their way to the back of her car.

"Why aren't you telling Scott?" Lydia asked. Allison tied up her jacket and opened her car boot.

"Because according someone, I need to find something real." She muttered annoyingly, and picked up her tan handbag. Riley looked down and noticed the large red-handled bolt cutters laying in her boot and was seriously wondering why they were there and why she would need them. Maybe she forgot the lock on her bike and needed to cut the chains? "Which reminds me, I can't drive you home today, I've got an errand to run after school."

Riley turned suspicious at her words, but decided to interrogate her after school was finished. She wanted to know if it had anything to do with those bolt cutters. She spotted Stiles and Scott getting out Stiles' Jeep after he parked it next to the pavement. She quickly nodded at Stiles who spotted her and walked off with the two girls, both of whom were engrossed in conversation about Lydia's shoes.

Thankfully for Riley, her first class was private study, so she opted to just stay in the library and do some of her Chemistry homework that her teacher had set even though it was the first week back to school. Mr. Harris really had no remorse for his students. As she sat on the table with her earbuds in her ears playing soft music, the new twins that had joined her grade sat at the table next to her. They were both talking about something quietly, and Riley was suspicious. Plus, she might as well get to know Lydia's new target, right?

She lowered the volume of her music right down and pretended to do some work as she secretly listened to their conversation.

"...Keep an eye on him. Deucalion may not be intimated but the kid does have the potential to have great power." The first twin said. Riley did not know names of the two since she never had a class with them. Deucalion... She's heard that name before, coming out of Derek's mouth. Are those twins apart of his pack? Maybe they're the two boys that attacked Isaac. Were they?

Riley casually glanced over, then quickly averted her gaze when one of them turned his head in her direction. She scribbled down a fake answer on her worksheet until she nodded to herself as she pretended to think. That worked, didn't it?

She decided that she should make contact with them. It's called being friendly! Riley never experienced being the new kid to anything, minus the supernatural world, but that didn't really count, did it? She pulled her headphones out of her ears and stretched, moving her head side to side and eventually settled on staring at them until one of them noticed.

The boy furthest from her looked at her skeptically, but Riley ignored his expression as she smiled at them. The other boy noticed his brother staring and looked too, offering a nicer expression than his brother did.

"Hi, you're new here aren't you? I'm Riley." She introduced, leaning over to offer her hand.

"I'm Aiden, and this is Ethan." The closer boy replied, and shook her extended hand. She got up and sat down in front of them, shaking Ethan's hand as well.

"Nice to meet you two. So, what brings you to Beacon Hills?" She asked, leaning on the table with her elbows. This was casual conversation, right? She wasn't acting suspicious at all. At least she hoped not. She also hoped that they didn't find it weird that they couldn't sense her. But then again, they might not even be werewolves, so Riley could be approaching this in a completely bad way. The twins looked at each other before shrugging.