47. help me, please

Stiles was found by Melissa and Agent McCall near the coyote den that was Malia's, and Riley couldn't be happier, but she still couldn't stop thinking about the possibility. Everyone was marked, everyone acted fine... All except Stiles. He wasn't marked, and he wasn't acting fine. He was hallucinating, impulsive, an insomniac and he had frequent blackouts... Something was wrong and Riley knew what.

The Nogistune had possessed Stiles.

It was obvious; whoever denied it was kidding themselves. No matter how hard she tried to deny it, she couldn't; it was as plain as black and white in broad daylight for everyone to see. At least being possessed by a Nogitsune was better than being dead. It was torturing Stiles because it enjoyed mischief, pain and fear. It fed on other people's grief and as long as people had that, it wasn't going anywhere. Riley just wanted the old Stiles back; sometimes she wished that they had never given power back to that Nemeton. It all stems back to it. But if they didn't Stiles, Allison and Scott's parents all would have died, and they were all they had left... It wasn't something to be argued with, they knew what they were going to do by sacrificing themselves. They didn't have a choice.

She needed to speak to Kira about Olivia. The two had actually become really good friends, and she needed to warn her that if she did anything to hurt her, then Riley would hurt her. Not really, Riley wouldn't actually do that (she probably couldn't since shields and foxes were allies because they both hated werewolves) but it wouldn't hurt her if she threatened Kira. It wasn't meant to come across as threatening and she was going to try to sound nice, but it was going to be hard.

Once Kira had texted her of her whereabouts (which was at the hospital for some reason) she drove over towards the outskirts of town where the hospital was and parked her car right next to where she spotted the fox she needed to talk to.

"Hey, Kira. Why are you here?" She asked, not bothering to lock her car, since she wasn't going to be there long. Stiles was in an MRI scan and she didn't want to bear to watch him lying motionless in that huge contraption or bear to listen to that awful clanging noise.

"Derek's about to tell Scott that I'm reason for triggering the power in the Nogistune that's currently possessing his best friend." She blurted, as her eyes widened. Riley took a literal step back, as if the information had physically knocked her back. The thought of Olivia flew out of her mind, as it was now replaced with anger.

"Wait, you? You caused the dark spirit to possess Stiles?" She repeated, wanting to be certain. The girl scarcely nodded, as she fiddled with her fingers impulsively.

"Well, not directly. That night at the power station, when I caused that black out. Apparently the power that I -- the fox drew when it rubbed its tails together, which is called foxfire, apparently sparked that side in Stiles. I didn't mean it and I'm sure I didn't do it." She explained, as she noticed the ever growing angry girl in front of her.

"You mean to say, that you're the reason why Stiles is being tortured right now?" She asked lowly, as she regained her step and took it towards Kira. She was angry, beyond angry; and it seemed like it was the only feeling she had. Kira stepped back, hitting Derek's black SUV behind her.

"I didn't mean to. It wasn't my fault. I didn't even know that I was a Kitsune then." She hurriedly spoke, her chest slightly heaving from being scared. Riley didn't believe her. Her mom told her; Yoshiko told Riley that she was going to tell her daughter. It wouldn't take her a couple weeks to tell her, not after how she was acting.

"You're lying. You did this on purpose. You wanted the Nogitsune to possess someone. Stiles was an easy target, wasn't he? Because he's human, is that it? You're a kitsune, a fox, and a Nogitsune is exactly like you. A mischief maker, someone who thrives on pain, you--"