49. Argents aren't welcome

The only person that Mr. Beacon had thought of calling was Chris Argent. He didn't know what else to do, having basically no experience with the supernatural. There was no way that he could actually deal with something like this happening to his own daughter. It was already insane knowing that she had someone with her at all times already, but knowing that the thing has taken over, he was not ready for this. He already started to have problems with his wife, and this just added to the load. She already had a hard time after finding out about his family's history, but now, this is a tipping point. Like, on the verge of a divorce, tipping point. As if Riley didn't have enough going on already.

"David, what should we do? You know I can't handle this right now. I've got a really big building I have to design at work already and now family problems? I don't think I can do this." Riley's mom whispered carefully, as they watched what was their daughter, running her hands along the old fireplace in their living room. The man turned to her with an angered look.

"Don't you think Riley has enough on her plate? Now you're saying that you can't handle this? Think of your daughter, I'm sure work can wait." He snapped, having taken off personal leave from his work after hearing from Olivia about her concern for Riley after learning about Stiles and their 'connection', per se. Olivia hadn't known about Riley's new problem, but no one did, except for Chris.

"Look David, I'm as stressed and worried about her as you are. Don't bring your anger out on me." She replied, and walked into the kitchen to grab some water.

A knock on the door interrupted everyone as Riley's head turned to the opening front door and her blank face had a scowl on it as she saw Chris and Allison Argent enter her home.

"Is she alright? I texted Deaton, he's coming soon." Allison said, shoving her phone in her pocket as her eyes met Riley's glowing silver ones.

"Why has this happened?" Chris asked quietly, as Allison slowly walked over into the living room.

"Hey, Emma. Where's Riley?" She asked cautiously, her eyes flicking back to her dad behind her. Riley's eyes narrowed as her fingers wrapped around the pointed sculpture of a man diving on the mantelpiece of the fireplace.

"The better question, is what are you doing in my house? Argents aren't welcome." She seethed, and in one quick movement the pointed statue was flying through the air and narrowly missing Allison's chest as she dodged to her right and fell to the ground. The statue hit the wall, put a dent into it and smashed onto the ground. The two men came into the room as Chris rushed to his daughter, while Mr. Beacon stood horrified at his. "Not bad, Argent. I see your father has given you some pointers."

"Are you okay, Allison? She could have killed you." Chris fathomed, helping her up. Allison kept her eyes on Emma as she dusted herself off.

"No, she couldn't have. There was hesitation in her throw, she didn't want to kill me. She wanted to send a message." She whispered, then stood straight and looked at Emma. "Riley is still in there. Emma knows that hurting me will hurt Riley, so she won't do it. She can't do it."

The smile on Riley's face dropped, but her eyes narrowed again at the pair.

"I did want to send a message, but I see that it wasn't received. Get out of my house." She threatened, running her hand down the side of the fireplace and pushing on the small decorative piece at the bottom. The fireplace shifted and clicked and was sent back into the wall, revealing the long set of steps going down. "If you don't mind, I have a Kitsune to assist and a Nogitsune to kill."

"If you're talking about Kira, she won't help you." Allison piped up, and before Riley could walk down the stairs, she turned back and smiled.

"I'm not talking about the young fox. I'm talking about an old friend of mine." She said, and made her way down the steps, as the fireplace closed behind her.

"Did you know that was there? How long was that there for?" Riley's mother had come in just before Riley had departed, her face painted with shock as she put her glass of wine down on the coffee table to investigate. It looked like an ordinary fireplace, how could it do something like that?

"No, I didn't know about that. I guess we learn something new everyday in this town." Mr. Beacon mumbled, and turned to Argent.

"Who was she talking about when she said her old friend? What old kitsunes do you know?" He asked, and Allison's face lit up.

"Kira's mom."

---

Allison and Chris waited at the Beacon household for Deaton, also keeping an eye on the fireplace. No one knew what was down there, except for Olivia and Stiles, but none of them knew that. Stiles was clearly not available, being possessed and up to mischief, and Olivia wasn't really up for seeing her best friend being possessed by the thing that protected her.

No one understood however, the reason why Emma had done this. She was only protecting Riley from herself and from other people. Emma knew what she was thinking, and she had to act fast in order to protect her. Riley wasn't fit for the world and she couldn't function properly, so Emma took care of her and will continue to do so until Riley feels that she can come back and face the real world. Riley was always in charge, no matter who was on the surface. They didn't know that Riley wanted this; she wanted to stay hidden in her shell.

Up in the living room, Deaton had arrived with a briefcase full of sedatives, only a handful working on the supernatural girl underground in the secret room.

"A long time ago, Riley and I tested out some sedative like herbs known to slow down the supernatural and even humans, so I'm not too sure if any of these will work." He informed, looking at the two very nervous and scared parents. "Trust me, she's not in danger and we probably don't have to use any of these. It's only a precaution."

"That doesn't really make me feel better." Mr. Beacon mumbled, and everyone froze as they heard the fireplace shifting back into the wall. All eyes fell onto the warrior that came out, and all were shocked at what she was wearing.

Riley Beacon was wearing something exactly like Emma Beacon would wear; wolf skin clothes, wrapped tightly around her body with strings and loops, and she had half of her face painted in dark brown and red. The head of a wolf was sat upon her own as the teeth hovered above her face, and she held a very rustic and dusty spear that was so long it almost touched the ceiling length ways. Riley ignored the pairs of eyes on her as she walked past, taking her phone out of her pocket and texted Kira, telling her to meet up with her and to bring her mother. Emma thought that she might as well bring along some more firepower when battling a Nogitsune.

"If you're trying to find Stiles, you won't be able to. He's locked up somewhere you'll never find." Allison informed, to which Emma frowned with her hand on the doorknob.

"And where exactly could a Nogitsune be hiding that I wouldn't be able to find?" She asked cunningly, and Allison folded her arms.

"Somewhere I'm sure you'd know." She warned, and Emma's eyes rolled. "Eichen House."

Her eyes stopped rolling and fixated on Allison, as her anger boiled up inside of her. Eichen House, of course; the one place that was the most heavily guarded place against the supernatural in Beacon Hills.

"Of course the Nogitsune would think that. He knows I and Noshiko are coming for him." She growled, opening the door and walking out of the house.

"Where are you going?" Mr. Beacon called out, standing at the door as he watched her walked down the driveway.

"To figure out a way on how to get him out."