Chapter 1

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Iris' POV >

Hair stretched upwards, grasping the branch and hauling forward the young female Troll as she happily skipped over the tree. The sun was shining brightly, the air was warm, and birdsong sounded everywhere. She could even hear a few other Trolls down below singing. Singing! One of her favorite things!

The blue-skinned female skidded to a halt at the edge of a thin branch, her blue and pink hair retracting back into its normal position. Her bright pink eyes flickered proudly over everyone. "My name is Iris, and I am the Princess of Troll Tree," she muttered under her breath. It was something she recited every morning while doing her daily exercises.

Iris did not originally like the idea of having a morning workout routine. But one of her mother's old friends, Smidge, had highly encouraged it. The little yellow female was an admiration for her. She was the strongest Troll in all the land.

Iris bunched together the muscles in her legs and sprang off the branch, feeling her feet collide with the tree trunk as she slid towards the ground. She landed on her feet, but swayed just slightly. She was still trying to improve on that landing. Smidge could've done it perfectly. I'll have to ask her for more advise.

"There you are!"

Iris turned around and saw her mother, Poppy, the Queen of Troll Tree. The pink female rushed over and wrapped her arms around her daughter. Iris hugged back, smiling brightly. "Were you exercising again?" Poppy asked with amusement.

"Of course! Smidge said it's good for me!" Iris declared.

"Well, I know it's good for you. But why don't you hang out with your friends? They're probably bored without you!" Poppy chuckled, sweeping her fingers through Iris' soft, split-colored hair.

Iris looked over as movement caught her attention from her peripheral vision. Her father, Branch, was approaching them with a smile on his face. He came to stand next to Poppy, pressing himself against her and gazing at Iris. "I'm sure Titian is looking for you," her father said with a wink.

Iris felt heat creeping through her cheeks at the mention of her friend. He was the son of Guy Diamond and DJ Suki. He looked pretty much just like a red equivalent to his father, and he was one of the most stunning Trolls in Troll Tree. But Titian also had a little sister named Blossom who was pink with white hair, having slight specks of glitter on her body but not all over the place. Iris was somewhat close to her too.

"I'm sure he isn't," Iris replied. "He's probably busy with something else. Dancing, I'd assume."

Poppy and Branch exchanged amused glances.

"Whatever you say, Princess," Branch chuckled, coming over and hugging her before turning back to Poppy. "Come on. Let's leave Iris to have her fun. You know sixteen-year-olds. Gotta go, go, go! No time for your parents." He snickered wildly with Poppy as they walked off towards their house.

Iris sighed in annoyance. Titian is just a friend, she thought. She didn't want to see him as anything else. He was currently her best friend, and worried that if something like that changed, she'd ruin their relationship. The Princess sighed once again and slowly walked off, deciding she'd join the other Trolls in the current fun they were having.

A lot of them were dancing and singing, while others were just talking. She caught a few in the weightlifting section. And, as usual, Smidge was there. She was beating everyone by far, her eyes glimmering with satisfaction. Iris wanted to approach the mini Troll, but she decided she wouldn't. What if she startled Smidge? Getting a weight launched at her was not something she was thrilled about. She walked off in another direction, only to slam into the body of someone else.