Chapter 29

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀< Titian's POV >

Titian looked over, his eyes immediately falling on two Trolls he didn't expect to ever see again. Smidge's voice had caught everyone's attention and now he felt himself being filled with relief and guilt. His sister Blossom stood there with Iris right at her side. They looked exhausted and to Titian's surprise and horror, Iris was covered in blood.

He wanted to run over and ask if she was okay, but he felt that would not be appropriate right now. Especially after how he'd treated her. I'll talk to her later, he thought, a long ache growing in his chest. His eyes swiveled back over to his younger sister and he heard a slight beam of excitement and worry come from DJ Suki and Guy Diamond as they rushed over to their daughter.

The sparkly red Troll slowly followed after his parents, a little surprised to see Blossom looked very upset. Just a few days ago she had been spitting fire at us. What happened?

His mother and father buried the pale pink girl in hugs and gave many words of how much they missed her or how worried they had been. Titian slowly approached them, joining in on the little family hug. He felt his sister's warmth and tears flooded his eyes, making his chest burn miserably and shame wash through him. I could've helped you and I didn't, he thought regretfully.

Suki suddenly pulled back, her eyes glistening with tears as she gazed at her daughter. "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She cupped Blossom's face in her hands.

Titian saw a flash of sorrow pass through the young female's blue eyes and she moved forward, hugging her mother. "I'm fine," she whimpered. "I'm just sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you guys. I was just feeling...alone. But I know that's not an excuse. I shouldn't have joined Iris and Creek in the first place."

Guy Diamond frowned, rubbing the teen Troll's shoulders affectionately. "It's okay," he muttered softly, pulling her into another hug. "We must apologize as well. We never really noticed how lonely and upset you had been feeling over the years and we regret that more than words will describe. We...we love you, Blossom. We always have. I'm sorry if I did not feel that way..." The silver Troll hugged her closer to him, casting a slight glance over at Titian. "Here. Come see your brother. He's missed you." Guy Diamond took Blossom's hand and led her over to the glittery red Troll.

Titian thought his heart would burst with emotion. He grabbed his sister's hands and pulled her against him, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pressing his nose to her forehead. "I'm so sorry," he muttered. "I've been a horrible brother to you. I saw what you were going through but I didn't do anything. And I have no excuse to cover that up. I don't want one, anyway. What I did was bad and ignorant and I'm not afraid to say that. You deserve a much better—"

"Now, let me stop you right there, Titian," Blossom said, lifting her face from his and staring deeply into his forest-green eyes. "This is my fault too. I was the one who decided to shut you all out. I should've spoke to you more. But I've just felt so introverted my whole life that I just never did it. So, please, don't blame yourself. I have full control over my own actions, you don't. I easily could've told myself not to join the bad side. I should've had more sense. None of this is happening because of you, Titian. You need to understand that."

Her words made the glitter-Troll's heart swell with emotion and he couldn't help but smile widely at her. "Thank you, Blossom," he muttered, swallowing down the lump in his throat. Suddenly, another thought crept into his mind. Iris! He had only glanced at the Troll Princess before being distracted by his sister. He wanted to see her again, but when he looked around, he could not spot her anywhere. Branch and Poppy were missing too. They must've gone somewhere else to talk, he guessed, suppressing a wistful sigh. He didn't want anyone to see how lovesick he was over the bright blue girl. She had been in and out of his mind the entire week...even though he felt for sure she no longer loved him. She seemed to be getting so close with Creek. But why would she love him? He's several years older than her! And I'm just her age... He shook away the thoughts. She'll find a different Troll. Someone at her age as well and who will treat her better. And I'll be watching, appearing to be happy for her but internally ripping myself apart... Oh! Why am I so dumb?

Blossom appeared at Titian's side, staring up at him with concern. "Are you okay?" she asked, tilting her head to one side and her bright blue optics glittering worriedly.

Titian swallowed once again, clenching his fists, and rolling his shoulders. "H-how's Iris?" he asked in the most casual tone he could muster. He didn't want his sister to think he still liked her...but he felt she'd guess it anyway.

Blossom blinked sympathetically at him. "She's fine," she replied. "Just traumatized. She cut herself up while running away from Creek. She literally jumped out of a closed window. It was the craziest thing I've ever known about her doing. I didn't actually see it...but I could see a few glass shards sticking out of her skin."

Titian cringed at her words. He hated blood very much. "That's...scary," he commented.

The pale pink Troll nodded in agreement. "It is," she said, sighing. "But I think she's okay. The Iris you were seeing wasn't real, Titian. Creek jacked up her brain and she woke up from his little spell." She shuffled her feet against the earth. "Do you still like her?"

Her question made his breath hitch in his throat. He slowly turned to gaze deeply into her eyes, feeling as if his heart was beating louder than a thousand drums, his hands trembling with anxiety. How would he answer that? It had been the one question he was dreading anyone to ask. He stared down at his feet, no longer able to hold his sister's gaze. He clenched his fists hard together, his fingers curling into his palms. He shut his eyes for a brief moment, drawing in a deep breath to calm himself the best he could. He then let his eyes open but he did not look at Blossom. "Yes...I do," he admitted. "In fact, I really, really do. I feel so bad for...y-yelling at her. She didn't deserve it." He turned away, sighing and feel a single teardrop roll down his cheek.

Titian realized his parents were no longer with them but hardly took any notice of it. Right now, his mind was strained on Iris and how he'd screwed up his relationship with her.

"Titian..." Blossom began.

"Alright, everyone! Listen up!"

Titian turned his head, seeing Branch, Poppy, Pine, and Iris all standing together with rather serious gazes. Iris was looking a little shaken and would not meet anyone's gaze. She didn't necessarily look upset...just, surprised.

I hope she's okay, Titian thought, desperately wanting to run over and talk to her. But he held himself back. There was no way she wanted to speak to him.

"Tomorrow, our plan starts at dawn!" Queen Poppy announced, bringing Titian's attention back to the meeting.

He was still standing next to Blossom and their parents had rejoined them, staring up at the King, Queen, Princess, and their little friend with interest.

Titian remembered the plan. Branch and Pine had devised most of it since they were usually the most prepared for a crisis like this. They'd learned so many survival skills after being complete grumps for so long.

Creek will be completely surprised! Titian thought, triumph flaring through him, forgetting about his sadness over Iris for just a few heartbeats. And then, life in Troll Tree will go right back to normal!

Guys, help. I'm getting obsessed with Titian. AHHH

He's so cute and smol and I love him helpppp 😭😭😭

I ship him so hard with Iris but I'm like destroying the ship. It's weird because I full control over it. Why do I do this??

Anyways, we need a ship name for Titian and Iris. I thought Tiris or Irian sounded cool but ehhh

YA'LL CAN MAKE SHIP NAMES TOO!

Thank you for reading and stay tuned for chapter 30 :,)