Chapter 16

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Blossom's POV >
(Yep, a new POV here 😜)

Blossom sat down next to Iris, her bright blue eyes staring off into the shadowy darkness filling the room. Man, this job was so boring! They'd been sitting here in silence for hours and hours and hours...

The pale pink Troll sighed, pulling her legs up to her chest and resting her chin between her knees. Was she doing the right thing? She really had known about Creek's story. Ever since she was a toddler. She'd had a dream about the rather strange yet intriguing purple Troll one night. For a while she had just brushed it off, knowing it was nothing more than a random display made by her brain. That's what a dream was meant to be, anyway. But now it was all connecting. Creek getting kidnapped, almost being eaten, and then returning to Poppy only to find she had moved on from him, trampling down on his heart and going for Branch instead. And when he'd returned back to Troll Tree, everyone called him a criminal because of the story Queen Poppy had made up about him selling the whole Snack Pack out. She felt somewhat guilty. Her parents were DJ Suki and Guy Diamond and they were close friends of Poppy. She was turning her back on them and had no idea why. I'm committing a huge crime. But I like Iris and Creek. They're interesting. And maybe all these Trolls really are jerks. She sighed once again, and Iris looked over at her.

"Are you okay? You're sighing a lot," she muttered, narrowing her bright pink optics that resembled her mother's perfectly.

Blossom nodded, but did not speak. She didn't want to speak. She hardly did anyway. The silence was comforting and no one seemed to expect much from her. Her parents had tried to pull her from her quiet personality, but all the attempts had failed.

"I hope Creek comes back soon," Iris murmured, rubbing the ground with her hand. "It's so boring here!" She glanced over her shoulder towards the imprisoned Trolls who were all sleeping.

Blossom picked up what was wrong with Iris. She missed Creek terribly, she could tell. That crazy little Troll is in love with him, isn't she? Ew! Does she not realize how much older he is than her? She shook her head in disapproval and turned away from the Princess.

"What?" Iris muttered in confusion. "You got a problem with me or something? I saw you shake your head."

Blossom flickered her eyes over towards her direction. "Am I supposed to care?" she asked in a flat tone. "I can tell what you see in Creek. You love him. You really do."

Iris' face flushed red slightly and she looked away, awkwardly shuffling her hands together as she tried to hide her expression. "N-no, I don't!" she snapped. "He's been a good friend to me. Why would you think I saw him as anything more??"

"Because you're blushing, idiot," Blossom returned, crossing her arms against her chest. "You know, you used to look at Titian that way so I know how you feel about Creek."

Iris seemed to be hurt by her harsh tone but Blossom felt no guilt.

"I don't want anything to do with your stupid brother," Iris growled. "He's not a real friend! If he was, he would've stayed right here at my side."

Blossom scoffed. "Yeah, and I suppose you still expect him to be on your side now? Honey, you're a traitor. I know I am too but look, no one needs to know that."

"They will! Especially when they wake up tomorrow morning and see you here with me!" Iris' voice was raising up as anger filled her visage, her rosy eyes sharp, and her nose scrunching up.

"Calm yourself," Blossom whispered. "You'll wake everyone up." The pale pink Troll turned away, lifting a hand to ruffle it through her soft, sparkly white hair and smooth it down just a bit before placing her chin between her folded-up legs once again. Her fingers curled into the palms of her hands, heat scorching through her veins and causing her heart beat to speed up just a tad. Arguing was a rare thing for Blossom. She didn't have anyone to do it with since she was so quiet and held no grudges or quarrels with any other Trolls. But man, if she was put in the moment, she could bark out some sharp words. And she felt she'd just done that with Iris. "Just don't talk to me anymore, okay?"

Iris huffed an annoyed sigh and slumped towards the cold floor. "Whatever," she grumbled.

Blossom's eyes flickered open, her vision slightly blurry and her body aching. Pale light was filtering into the room, telling her it was now morning. But she was laying down, the ground beneath her cold and rough. She suddenly remembered the events of last night and sighed, bringing up one hand to rub her weary eyes.

"Sleeping on the job, heh?"

The pale pink female jumped as the voice of another Troll spoke to her. If it had been Iris, she wouldn't have cared or acknowledged her at all. But this voice was accented and rather charming.

She glanced up at Creek, seeing him standing over her with narrowed violet eyes. "Blossom, if you'd like to stay a recruits of mine, I suggest you don't fall asleep during your guarding shifts. I can easily throw you back in that cage."

Blossom scrambled to her feet, her head raised and her eyes showing how attentive she'd become.

Iris was standing close by, her back pressed against the cage and her arms crossed, glaring at Blossom with anger. "Maybe I made a mistake my agreeing to let you be on our side," the Princess chuckled, but it was not a joke and she did not look amused. Just disgusted. "What do you think, Creek?"

Creek waved his hand dismissively. "As long as she doesn't do it again, we're fine." He turned to the bright blue Troll, winking at her before turning towards the exist. "Alright, before I go, I'll admit, maybe I'm being too rough. You will now take turns guarding. Blossom, since you slept, you'll guard tonight. End of discussion." With that, he left the room.

Iris was staring after him with a moony look in her eyes. "You heard him," she replied, sitting down and staring off towards the wall. "Guard."

Blossom looked over at the cage, seeing the Trolls were all still asleep. Her eyes landed on her family, all curled up together. They had no idea she was gone. She clenched her fists at the thought of facing their disappointment but brushed it off. Don't regret anything, she told herself. This was what you wanted.

Here's your update, children. You were really wanting it 😂

What do you think is gonna happen next? 🤔 I'd be interested to hear about it in the comments.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote!