Chapter 19

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀< Mystery POV >

The Troll gazed out across the village down below her, her body silhouetted against the bright moon, the only source of light in the darkness. She scowled slightly. She hadn't seen this place in years.

Her body was completely gray, so was her hair. All her colors had faded, showing she was a sad and grumpy Troll. It was rare for one of her kind to become like this. As far as she knew, King Branch was the only Troll to ever be like this. But he was happy now, married to Queen Poppy and they had their little daughter Princess Iris. She had left a few years after the birth of Iris. Her life had just become too miserable for her to stay in such a happy environment.

The unnamed female rose to her feet. She had been crouched down on the little hill, staring blankly down at her former home. Why had she returned? Good question....even she couldn't answer it.

She propped her bag up higher on her back, preparing to walk into that place. To return there. She had once told herself she would never do this, that she would never set foot in this territory ever again. Yet here she was, walking right towards it and disobeying her past promises.

Will they accept me back? Or did they even notice my disappearance? She shook her head as the thoughts swirled through her brain. She didn't know what to expect when she walked back into Troll Tree. She just kept moving, her tree bark-brown eyes glimmering with determination. They were the only color on her whole gray body.

She sighed, halting for a second and regaining herself. She was being thrown back into the past. When everything had happened...it had just been so unexpected...so fast....

She flung the thoughts away. She wasn't going to stop now. She'd already made it this far.

"Maybe I can find a new place here. Maybe I can restart. But how? I don't have anyone..." She was mindlessly muttering her worries aloud.

She was so close to entering her old home. And she stopped right at the entrance, staring up at the tall, bright green tree that towered over her like the buildings of Bergen Town. She had arrived at her destination.

This was just a short little chapter for me to introduce a new character! I think you'll find her to be quite interesting ;)

Stay tuned for chapter 20!