Chapter 3

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀< Iris' POV >
(Geez, I haven't worked on this story in a while. My apologies! Being in high school is stressful and I've been trying to work on my oneshots. But I will no longer neglect this story. Let's get back into it!)

Iris opened her eyes to the morning light spilling through the window of her pod. The slight ring of birds chirping outside filled her ears and she turned over. She had gotten home a little late last night since she and Titian had spent a lot of time together.

The looks of her parents' faces when she'd walked through the door sent a bolt of embarrassment heating her face. Titian was just her friend! Right? She wasn't so sure anymore.

"Iris! Wake up!" The door bustled open and Poppy came spinning into the room, causing Iris to leap out as if this were some military base. Her mother did not usually come in like this but she seemed to be in a very good mood.

"Mom! What are you doing?" Iris grumbled.

"Hey, don't sound all upset. Breakfast is ready! Also, we're having a party tonight!" The Queen tapped her chin playfully.

"A party? Seriously?" Iris sighed.

"Aww, I thought you loved parties!" Poppy said in a slightly pouty yet teasing voice. "I'm sure Titian will be there."

Iris twitched uncomfortably. "So?"

"Will you ask him to dance? Or do you think it'll be the other way around?"

"Alright, Poppy, give her a break." Branch stepped into the room behind his wife. His bright blue eyes were glimmering with amusement and love as he watched his family. The King approached Iris, brushing his hand against her cheek. "You okay?" he asked gently.

Iris smiled a little. "Fine," she replied.

Branch didn't seem entirely convinced but did not press her any further. "Whatever you say, cupcake," he chuckled, ruffling his fingers through her blue and pink hair.

He walked over and grabbed Poppy's hand, pecking her forehead with a sweet kiss. Iris rolled her eyes, stepping past her parents and letting them do their romance crap. She went into the kitchen, and went ahead and ate whatever had been prepared.

Iris stared around the village as she stepped out of the pod. Suddenly, she was swept off the ground and placed nearby. "Who did—?"

Before she could utter much of a word, she heard some giggling noises. Satin and Chenille were standing over her. She'd been knocked to the ground when they had set her down. The Fashion Twins circled her with curious gazes. "Since tonight is the party, we must design you a new outfit, Iris!" Chenille announced.

Iris puffed a sigh. "Why?"

"Because you're the Princess! The Princess must look stunning at parties. That's how it was with Poppy!" Satin bent down and grabbed Iris' hand to help her to her feet. The pink female brushed off the Princess' clothes with a few sweeps of her hand.

"I'd rather just pick my own clothes..." Iris admitted.

The conjoined twins let out gasps of shock. "What?" they both demanded together. "But Iris, we've always designed clothes for royalty in events like this!" Chenille explained.

"They don't call us The Fashion Twins for nothing!" Satin added, and her sister nodded in agreement.

The blue female backed away from the twins, feeling uncomfortable. "It's okay, guys. Really. You can design outfits for my parents. I need to go!" Before the sisters could nag her any further, Iris dashed off.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Why does everyone treat me like that? I just wanna be normal! She halted next to a few small mushrooms, slumping down to the grass and staring at the ground. Everyone compared her to her mother. She loved her mother dearly and would probably die without her lovely positivity and sweetness, but she was a different troll. She enjoyed adventures and being alone. She was certainly more like her father, but no one seemed to understand or see that.

"Iris! Are you okay?"

She turned as she saw Biggie and Cooper rushing over to her. Oh great, she sighed inwardly.

Cooper stared down at her, his eyes worried. "Did you fall? Are you upset?" The giraffe-troll's eyes flickered over her body as he tried to scope out anything off about her.

"I'm fine!" Iris insisted, backing away from the two males. She understood they were concerned, especially since her mother was one of their closest friends, but she was honestly fine. She hated getting crowded around since she had pretty severe claustrophobia.

"You sure?" Biggie asked, propping up Mr. Dinkles better in his arms. The little worm-like creature let out a small "mew" noise.

"Totally sure," Iris reassured the large dark blue male. "I'm just gonna go now. I gotta...umm...prepare for the party!"

Cooper and Biggie seemed to become relieved at her words. "O-okay!" Cooper called.

Iris ran off once again. This time she was boiling with pure rage. "Curse these crazy people. I swear, if one more troll—"

"Hey, Iris! Come over here! Do you like this song?" DJ Suki was staring down at her from where she was playing a gentle tune.

Iris gazed up at the musician. "Uhh, sure," she replied, turning and walking off.

"Oh okay...thanks!" DJ called after her. Iris felt a little guilty as she heard the disappointment in the red female's tone. But she wasn't gonna turn around and talk to her again. She didn't want to be bombarded with more annoying questions. She didn't care about the party, she didn't care about the music, she just wanted to be left alone. Her feet led her to the forest just outside of Troll Tree. She knew this was risky and she probably shouldn't do it, but she was too angered to really be too cautious. She walked on in complete silence, her gaze fixed on the ground. This was not the life she had asked for. She wanted to walk into a room without being treated like a celebrity. "I'm not my mother," she whispered to herself. "I'm just a regular troll girl. I do not act like Poppy at all. I'm quiet, I'm introverted, and I'm curious. I don't run around preaching happiness and positivity while throwing parties every other night." She sat down against the trunk of a tree, gazing sorrowfully down at her feet. "I'm sorry..."

Aww, the end for this chapter :(

Question:

Favorite female Trolls character?

My answer:

Poppy lmao

Give me your answer in the comments and don't forget to vote!