Chapter 15

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Iris' POV >

Iris was feeling rather tired as she stared out through the dark room. Creek had assigned her as guard, keeping her parents and the whole Snack Pack locked up in their cage. She felt absolutely nothing but anger and triumph. After her and Creek had left the pond, Iris had passed out from exhaustion. And when she'd awoken, her brain felt completely different. Bitterness towards Trolls she had once loved filled her. And she felt no guilt. This was how it had to happen. They were all criminals as far as she was concerned. A Princess must learn how to protect her people. This is a nice start.

Iris couldn't help but wonder where the heck Creek had gone. He'd disappeared. She guessed he was probably announcing that he was the new King of Troll Tree. She smiled at the thought. Yes, perfect. You'll be ten times better.

The sensation of something touching her back made the Princess jump. She lifted herself to her feet, turning around and narrowing her bright pink eyes. To her surprise, one of the Trolls in the cage was up to the bars, watching her with an interested gaze. It was Blossom. The pale pink female hardly spoke or even interacted with Iris. The only contact they'd had in the past was from when she'd come to meet up with Titian.

"What are you doing? Back to sleep!" Iris hissed.

Blossom gripped the metal polls with her hands, her blue eyes glimmering pleadingly. "Iris, I don't wanna be in here," she whispered.

"You think I care?" Iris scoffed. "I said back to sleep!"

"Listen to me!" Blossom's voice became a little harsh. "I'm on your side, not theirs. I knew about Creek's real story for years! I always knew! I'm seeking the same revenge you are. We're living lies." Her eyes grew wider as if she were a puppy begging for food from its owner. "Please, Iris..."

Iris stared at the pink Troll with suspicion. She couldn't tell if this was some trick or not. She hardly knew Blossom so she wasn't able to read her body movements too well. She could only really do that with Trolls she'd become close with.

Blossom's eyes seem to glaze over in a sort of evil emotion and she rose to her feet, glaring at Iris with such intensity it actually scared her. "This is not some stupid prank! I promise I'm telling the truth! I want to join you and Creek! Please!"

Iris turned away, sighing. Should I? she wondered, clenching her jaw. She seems to be telling the truth. But some Trolls are good at acting. She turned back to the white-haired female and scowled. "Let me go get Creek first," she replied. "He'll know how to deal with you if you're lying." Iris walked towards the exit of this private, closed-in room they were in. She hopped towards the door, exiting and staring around the village. It was quiet, but several Trolls were gathered around together, staring up at someone speaking to them. Iris knew who it was. It was Creek, staring down at the assembled Trolls with a smile on his face as he spoke.

He wore a leafy crown on his head that told her he had in fact been made King. Will I remain Princess then? she wondered. Probably so. Creek really likes me. I doubt he'd tear me away from this position! She skipped along happily, feeling as if everything was moving like a feather in the wind. Smooth and peaceful.

The other Trolls backed up to give her room as she pushed her way through the big crowd. Creek's dark eyes met with hers as she approached the large mushroom he was standing on, his hands held together and his head high.

"Ah, Princess Iris," Creek chuckled, inviting her up beside him with a few waves of his hand.

Iris hauled herself onto a small rock underneath the mushroom, then reached up and grabbed the rim of the mushroom cap, lifting herself up onto it with a neat little bounce and landing beside Creek. It felt a little overwhelming to be standing in front of so many Trolls, practically the whole village. But there were still a few citizens who could not accept what had happened. They watched from far off with bitter expressions. Creek will find a way to deal with them, Iris thought.

"Creek, I need to talk to you," Iris whispered as she moved closer to the mediator.

Creek blinked. "Can't it wait?" he asked.

"Not really. It's one of the prisoners. She wants to speak to us," Iris muttered back.

"Whatever she has to say, it's not important," Creek retorted, turning back to the assembly.

"No! Creek, it's not Poppy if that's what you're thinking. It's Blossom. She said she wanted to join us..." Iris stared nervously at him. She could tell he had gotten a little agitated with her for interrupting him for something like this and was nervous he'd turn around snap.

But the restrained male just looked at her with curiosity. "Is that so?"

Creek stared down at Blossom with an interested gaze. "Hmm..." He tapped his chin as he thought, then shrugged. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have another recruit. The more the merrier, right?" He pulled a key from his blue-green hair, walking towards the lock and quickly undoing it. The door creaked slightly but not loud enough to wake anyone as the purple Troll gently pulled it open.

Blossom stared at him with shock as if she had expected the whole process to not work. She carefully stepped from her imprisonment and faced Iris and Creek with a grateful expression.

"I'm just warning you," Creek slowly approached the pale pink female with a threatening gaze, grabbing her chin a little forcefully and making her stare him straight in the face, "if you get any little ideas, I'll turn your life into a living hell, understand?"

Blossom gulped but then nodded in acceptance and Creek pulled his hand away from her face. "Good," he purred, walking over to Iris. "She will be on guard with you, okay?"

Iris smiled as she watched the mediator leave. "Of course, Creek," she called after him in a low voice. She felt her heart fluttering in her chest. I wish I had met him sooner! He's amazing!

She turned to Blossom, staring straight into her eyes that resembled her father Guy Diamond's almost perfectly. Maybe she could finally get to know the mysterious shy girl who had done nothing but stared at her for the past few years...

Are y'all mad? Yeah, I think you are 😂

I'm pissing a lot of people off but hey, at least this plot isn't too cliche, right? At least not for a Trolls fanfic it isn't.

Anyways, thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!