Chapter 2

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Branch's POV >

Branch was sitting in his house, his eyes fixated on an old book. He smiled as he glanced over his notes from his grumpy days. The edges of the pages were crinkled and dirty, showing their age. He sighed and shut it, lifting himself up to his feet and stretching his arms and legs to rid of the tension in his muscles.

He suddenly felt two hands wrapping around his waist and turned around, his eyes colliding with Poppy's. He moved forward and embraced his wife in a sweet hug. "Hello, darling," he muttered softly in her pointy ear.

The Queen smiled brightly and pulled Branch into another hug. "Hello!" she sung in her melodic voice.

He gasped her hand in his and pecked her face in small, sweet kisses. He soon pressed his lips to hers and brought her into a soft, slow kiss. Her sweet breath crowded around his face in a sugary cloud. He soon broke apart from it and stared deeply into her beautiful, shiny pink orbs. He smirked slightly and then pulled back. "Have you had a good day?" he asked.

Poppy nodded, dancing around him and moving to his other side to grab his hand. "Today has been fun!" she replied.

Branch chuckled softly at his wife. She was certainly the light in his world. "Where's Iris? With Titian again? I didn't exactly see where they went off to," the blue troll snickered.

"Oh, they're off doing their teenager stuff," Poppy said in an amused tone. "I know Iris has a crush on Titian. She can deny it all she wants, but I know the truth! She's my daughter. I know her better than I know myself."

"That's the magic of a mother," Branch said and pressed himself against her. He nuzzled her cheek with his pale purple nose, breathing in her warm scent. "Anyways, do you want to go do something? Let's take a break from leadership. Let's get out. I haven't relaxed properly in forever." He sighed.

Poppy nodded agreement. "Yes, that sounds like a good idea," she replied, taking Branch's hand once again and leading him towards the door.

Branch followed his wife out into the clearing, the village bustling with activity as usual. The pink troll was leading him in the direction of the forest, and he moved closer to her. "The spot?" he asked quietly.

Poppy turned to him. "Of course. Where else?" Her gaze became a little mischievous and she skipped onwards. Branch was jerked forward at her sudden rapid movements and raced to keep up with her as she danced through the bushes.

He laughed loudly as he chased after her, the low-growing plants whipping his legs and the breeze ruffling through his sleek dark blue hair, streaming against his soft skin. He breathed in the sweet aroma of summer air, but also caught the taint of crisp fall breezes swarming around him as well. The season would change soon. Probably within another month, they'd no longer be seeing all the greenery and flowers. The leaves of Troll Tree would fall, turning orange, yellow, and red like they did every year. Fall was a nice season, but Branch knew Poppy loved spring and summer the most, especially spring.

The Queen soon halted, spraying up dirt in her wake as her feet skidded against the ground. She turned to Branch with a soft smirk. "Up here, my King," she purred, grasping his hand and quickly leading him up towards the top of a hill.

Memories flashed through Branch's mind as he saw this. This was the exact place he'd proposed to Poppy all those years ago. He remembered the terrifying moments with Creek and Chef returning unannounced, how him and Poppy were almost killed. He remembered the murder of King Gristle, and the executions of both Chef and Creek. The stupid purple troll who had once been Poppy's boyfriend was gone and out of their lives. He was for sure dead now. His betrayal had left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, but they'd moved on now. In fact, no one ever spoke of Creek.

"Branch? Are you okay?" Poppy's voice snapped him back to the present.

He glanced at his love and smiled warmly and reassuringly. "Yes, just...thinking about things," he replied.

"Oh? What were you thinking about?" Poppy raised an eyebrow.

"Creek," Branch replied. "Which is kinda surprising. He hasn't crossed my mind for years. I was thinking about what he did before...you know, Iris was born." The King sighed and sat down on the little hill, Poppy taking a seat next to him.

"I think about Creek a lot," Poppy admitted. "The last time I thought about him was earlier today. He's been on my mind constantly. I hate it." She stared down at her crisscrossed legs, a saddened expression appearing on her usually-happy face.

Branch frowned and pulled her against him. "Hey, hey," he muttered gently into her ear. "It's okay. Creek's gone. We haven't seen him in sixteen years, and I sure as hell watched you murder him." He chuckled softly at his last sentence and gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek.

The troll Queen brightened up at this movement and gazed at him. "You're right, Branch," she said, sighing softly. "You're always right. And I love you more than anything in the whole world. You helped me move away from Creek to realize there is a chance to find love again. You helped me raise an amazing daughter—our amazing daughter. I don't think I would still be happy if it wasn't for you." She suddenly tackled him, making him feel pretty shocked. She pressed her hands to his chest, her legs straddling his torso as she gazed down at him. "Thank you for that."

Branch was completely warmed by her sweet words. He slid his arms up around her shoulders and brought her closer against him to bring her into a sweet, loving kiss. She pressed harder against him and he felt the rapid patter of her heart against his. The tips of their extendable hair reached out and curled around each other, their foreheads pressing and their breathing hard.

Branch felt a trickle of sweat bead down from his hairline, a few more rivulets following after. He curled his fingers into Poppy's soft blue dress, using his other hand to brush her hair.

The couple laid there, passionately kissing, for what seemed like hours to them both. They eventually broke apart, the sun now starting to set, and gazed deeply into each other's eyes.

Branch hadn't had a day like this with Poppy in weeks. They'd been so busy with their jobs as King and Queen that time had not opened up for them. But now they had spare time. Everyone was safe in the village and they had nothing to worry about.

I just hope Iris is home by the time we go back, Branch thought.

The bright blue troll moved closer to Poppy and wrapped his strong arms around her in a protective barrier. "I love you, my sweet," he cooed in her ear. "I always will."

Poppy smiled widely at his soft words. "I love you too, Branch," she muttered sleepily against him.

Branch lifted his head slightly. "We should probably go back before everyone starts to wonder where we are. We can't sleep out here."

But Poppy seemed a little too tired to walk. Branch scooped her up in his muscular arms and cradled her like a baby against his chest. She was surprisingly pretty light. She was a very slender troll after all.

Branch walked back to the village with his wife held safely in his arms, a warm, fuzzy feeling spreading through his body and his heart pulsating quickly in his chest. This had been a perfect evening.

You were expecting a lemon, weren't you? Ah, you dirty human being! ;)

Just kidding. If that makes you a dirty human being, then I'm one too since I write lemons. (I read other people's lemons as well lmao)

I promise there will be another Broppy lemon later on in this book.

Anyways, it's question time!

Question:
What do you think Guy Diamond feels like? (Random question, I know)

My answer:
I think he feels like a snake. I don't know why. Do not question me.

Give me your answer in the comments and don't forget to vote!