Chapter 18

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Iris' POV >
(WARNING: There is NSFW/lemony stuff in this chapter. If you are sensitive to that, simply don't read it. Comments of complaining will be removed immediately.)

Another day passed. Iris had been spending a lot less time in the room where her parents and the Snack Pack were locked up and more time with Creek. The purple Troll had wanted her beside him as he ruled over the kingdom that was now his. Blossom had practically been put on guard duty by herself.

Right now, Iris was enjoying the warmth of the sunlight. It was almost fall here and to have a warm day like this was rare. So she relished the moment, her eyes half closed and feeling rather sleepy.

"Miss, can I get anything for you?" came the voice of another Troll.

The Princess lifted her head from where she sat, seeing a red-skinned female with green hair standing over her. Her pale red eyes glimmered with curiosity.

"No, I'm fine," Iris replied, rising to her feet and stretching away the tiredness weighing down at her muscles. She felt a little refreshed after this, opening her bright pink eyes wider and smiling at the other Troll in front of her. "But thanks anyways." She turned and headed in the direction of her pod. She had once shared this place with her parents, but since it was the Royal Pod, Creek had moved in so she basically lived with him now. It was kind of strange. But Iris got to keep her room and sleeping was just like it had always been.

She slipped though the fluffy flower-like house and looked around. To her surprise, she could not find Creek. The calm and collected male was usually here working on his new King duties but now he was nowhere in sight. She shrugged and decided she'd head up to her room. But before she could take more than a few steps, the feeling of another body brushed against her back. She whirled around, her heart beating wildly from sudden alarm. But she relaxed when she recognized him. It was Creek, his hair straighter and smoother than usual and his skin practically glowing clean.

"Well there you are, my Princess," the mediator cooed, a smirk curling one end of his lips. "I've been looking for you. What were you up to?"

"Just sunning myself. It's warm today!" Iris beamed. She felt her heart racing again. But it wasn't from panic. Staring into Creek's dark violet eyes made a fuzzy warmth spread throughout her whole body. She moved a little closer to him, examining his beautiful blue-green hair and staring straight into his friendly optics. "Why were you looking for me?" She tipped her head to one side.

Creek chuckled. "Well, how could I not miss such a pretty little Troll?" He moved closer, grabbing one of her hands and rubbing his fingers over it. "You look absolutely beautiful."

Iris was flustered by his words, her face burning bright red with blush. "Oh...th-thanks," she muttered, shuffling her feet awkwardly against the carpet.

"Why so frazzled all of a sudden, dear?" Creek questioned. He stepped a little closer until his warm breath was brushing against her face. "Am I intimidating you?"

Iris shook her head. "No, not at all," she reassured him. "Dang, you're just to sweet, Creek." She couldn't stop herself and wrapped her arms around his body, hugging him tightly.

The meditator's hand lifted up to brush her shoulders and upper back. "I'd never be rude to you," he whispered gently. She felt his hand slip underneath her chin, tilting her face towards his. "And I'm glad you don't feel intimidated. I wouldn't want to scare you." To her surprise, the King bent his head and pressed his orange nose to hers, nuzzling her affectionately.

Iris was fighting back the urge to make any movements. Her instincts were telling her to just go for it but she ignored them. For now, at least. Her heart was beating irregularly fast in her chest, warmth pulsating through her veins. She wondered what Creek was gonna do.