the man with the bright aura.

As he burst through the door, everyone looked at him, he was a ball of sunshine, with a bright aura, that was clear, everyone knew who he was, not because he was popular on the internet, but because he made everyone happy.

Even a certain lady that worked the register- Amy Nelson, a short, blonde haired-originally brunette-girl, she was a small girl who moved to a big city and she didn't regret it, it was beautiful here in LA.

"Mark! So nice to see you, again!" A worker said, it was a male who was about the same height as Mark himself, he was Swedish, and you could tell- he had that accent.

"Felix! You too!" Mark and Felix shared a half hug, smiling widely, Amy was watching, leaning against the register until someone snapped their fingers in her face, making her come back to reality, the man sneered, "Damn, what the fuck are you staring at? I asked if I could get a latte!" Amy coughed, shaking as she pressed some keys on the register and cleared her throat, "3.95 is your total, s-sir." He handed her a 5 dollar bill and sat at a seat in front of the counter as she put the money in the register, she was about to give him his change but he held a hand up, "Keep the change."

She blinked, shaking her head, closing the register with her hip, she turned to a coworker and whispered in her ear, the coworker nodded, skating off- had I not mentioned, they use skates in here? Amy hated it, she had to learn how to skate just to work here.

Amy skated her way from behind the counter, holding a pad and pen to take orders, she skated to Mark's table, standing there for a moment, maybe even staring, she was brought back to reality when she heard someone clear their throat, she looked at Mark, seeing that he was looking up at her. She blushed in embarrassment, looking away for a moment, shaking her head, she looked at him, "I'm Amy, I'll be taking your order, what would you like today?"

It was if the world stopped when she stepped in front of him; now it was his turn to stare- but he quickly came back to reality, shaking his head, he smiled smoothly, setting his phone down, "Coffee and muffin, please, Amy."

Amy felt her cheeks heat up, a smile rising on her face, she wrote it down, "How do you like it?" Mark froze, usually everyone knew what he liked- but he remembered, he hadn't seen her before, so she was probably new. He shrugged, "Surprise me." Amy blinked, writing something down, she nodded, "I'll get right to it! Uh.." She trailed off, realizing she had forgotten his name already, "It's Mark." Amy nodded, smiling, "Mark! Yes, sorry, anyway, it should be ready in 10 minutes!" She skated off, holding the note pad tightly, she ripped the piece of paper off the pad, handing it to Felix.

"Quickly." Amy said as Felix skated off- yes, even the men have to wear skates.

-

Exactly 10 minutes later, Amy skated her way over to him, smiling shyly, she set the coffee and the muffin in front of him. "Here you are! ..Also, its a dunkin' medium iced dark roast with cream, no sugar though." She set his bill down, "Pay when you're ready!"

Mark smiled as he watched her skate away, picking up the coffee cup, he saw something written in cursive black marker, 'the man with the bright aura'. He stared at the cup, then looked up to see Amy talking to another girl behind the counter, smiling. 

Mark looked at the check, then grabbed a napkin, taking out a pen, he scribbled something on the napkin, opening the check, he put a 20 in there, not caring to look at the total amount, he stuck the napkin in the bill.

-

Mark walked over to the counter giving the bill to Felix, whispering in his ear, "Give it to Amy for me." Felix smiled as he nodded, skating into the backroom, he looked around before seeing her, "Amy! Mark wants you to see this." Felix skated over to Amy handing her the check and skating out.

Amy opened the check as she skated out the backroom, in front of the register, she opened it, then opened the check, the napkin falling out, she quickly put the 20 in the register, getting his change, she picked up the napkin, turning it over, she saw that he wrote something on it, 'call me, ***-***-**** -the man with the bright aura <3 p.s. keep the change as a tip'

Amy blinked, the change was 6.95

-

this is rlly shitty, lol

-izzy 💕