you'll be fyne

tw: self harm. mentions of self harm.

warnings: i may go into detail abt certain things. feel free to ignore this chapter. it's like a vent chapter.

words in italicized bold are lyrics.
they are from a song on soundcloud called

you'll be fyne by crona ft. caspy (prod. misery)
there are no written lyrics so i'm just guessing.

--

She had locked herself in the bathroom now. It seemed like the only way out. She wasn't being chased or hunted down, but it almost felt like she was. Everything inside of her ached and she wanted nothing more than to leave. She had to leave.

The grip on the blade tightened and she shifted slightly to get more light on herself. As the bathrooms light gave her a clearer view, she could see all the old scars from before. It almost made her tear up. She blinked back said tears and pressed the blade down against her skin, her wrist slowly moving until—

Knock knock.

"Amy?"

That voice. She knew who it was. She thought he wouldn't be home for another hour. Why did he have such good timing? She didn't understand. Shaking her head, Amy moved and pulled her pants leg back down. She couldn't..do that now. It hurt too much. She was hurting him, too, wasn't she?

He spoke again.

"Baby girl,"

She tensed. Why hadn't she thought about him? Why was she being so selfish? The blade in her hand was being held too tight and she cut her finger a little. She panicked, dropping the blade. She wrapped her finger up with the hem of her shirt before struggling to stand up.

He spoke once more, but this time, she could hear how scared he sounded.

"You don't have to answer the door, but just know I love you. Okay?"

I love you.

Her brain felt like it had reset itself when he said that. Amy paused briefly, her attention shifting to the blade by her feet on the bathtub floor.

"I love you, too." She whispered, stepping out of the tub and opening the door—being mindful of her still bleeding finger—. She finally locked her gaze on him. He looked so worried, she felt bad for doing that to him. But, he always did know what to say.

"Mark,"

Your purpose means something to me and many more. Your heart is so sore. You don't wanna do this anymore.

That song never did stay down. It was an old song, something Mark gave to Amy as a reminder. He's there for her, she's gonna be fine. It seemed that no matter how hard she tried to forget it, her brain automatically knew every word.

It seems you grow cold, every day we get old
I love you, I love you.

"It's okay, Amy."

Burn your name into my skin. Lately things haven't been the same. Return your phone calls; your silence brings me pain.

"Babe, just trust me." Mark reassured her, his hands resting on her shoulder before she fell into his chest. She buried her face into his shirt and held back the urge to cry.

Amy felt his hands slowly trail around her before his grip tightened and in that moment, she had never felt more safe in her life.

I feel complete with you by my side.

"You're okay, you're alright. You'll be fine."

He hummed to Amy, causing her to get a little flustered.

Please, tell me you don't really wanna die.
You're okay, you're alright.
You'll be fine.
You'll be fine.

Amy was grateful she had someone like Mark. Why did she have such a strong urge to take some of his happiness away? Sure, Amy doesn't see herself as Mark's only source of happiness, but he has expressed that she's a big part of it.

She ignored her bloody finger and grabbed at his shirt tightly, the stinging feeling in her eyes distracting her from the bleeding. Mark probably wouldn't have pulled away, but he felt the blood getting on his shirt.

"Amy, your finger-" He pulled back, looking down at her. Amy frowned, nodding slowly as he walked back into the bathroom with her. Mark turned on the water and grabbed for the first aid kit. He opened it and smiled at Amy as he took out a bandage.

"It's okay. I love you, alright?" Mark leaned down, pressing a kiss to Amy's forehead. She felt her cheeks begin to burn as he did, her gaze shifting while she let Mark take care of her cut.

Amy couldn't find many reasons to stick around and struggle through certain things, but she wasn't always alone. He made sure of that. He had done so much for her.

He could be her reason.

She was okay. She was fine. At this exact moment in time, she finally felt like things were going to be okay. Finally, she whispered back to him again.

"I love you, too."

--

sorry if this is short or smth. i don't have much motivation to write and ive lost more than ive gained anything this year.

hope you guys are doing better than i am.

no, my uploads will still be inconsistent as fuck and i apologize. my mental health is fucked.

so.

im sorry.

i hope you enjoyed the chapter if you read it. i understand if you didn't.

-izzy💕