Chapter Eighteen

"It can't be!" I shout reading the documents, "47.82% related!"

"Why didn't he tell you?" Ash asks,

"...I guess he didn't have enough time."

"What now? Are you going to meet with the woman?"

"I don't know," I tell him.

ASHTON POV******

The last class was soon coming to an end, I was just sitting there trying to pay attention, but I keep being distracted by what Elena is going to do, what she has been through lately, and what is going through her mind.

The death of her brother, finding out she is not only adopted, but her brother isn't her full blood brother and the fact she may have an aunt.

Her aunt isn't all loving and caring, she has something in mind.

**The Day before**

"You need to leave," I tell Elena's aunt,

"How dare you tell me what to do-"

"You are just confusing her, pushing back her time of mourning,"

"Good,"

"What do you mean good? The more she pushes it back, the more insane she will become over his death she has denied for so long," I say,

"Listen!" She grabs me by the throat and holds me against the tree. "You have no idea what is going on. This is family business, what I am doing is the only way, not only to save her, to save everyone and every dragon." She explains vaguely, "Now whatever feeling you for my niece better not get in my way, she will leave with me, no matter what,"

She released me and then began to walk off.

***CURRENT TIME***

I don't understand... she hasn't got truly upset over her brother's death as much as I would think so. She went quiet for a week, she over trained for a little while, but nothing else. She wouldn't... she isn't... is she?

The moment the bell rings I rush out of class, the first one to leave. I race across the school grounds, and there, in the light of setting sun, stands the enchanting silhouette of Elena Tate.

I stop and try to catch my breath as Elena turns around,

"Ashton... what are you doing?" Elena queries,

"You can't-do this..." I tell her as I walk up beside her,

"What?" She questions,

"I know what you are doing, but you know you can't replace Jackson, no matter how much you keep your mind moving you will eventually have to deal with his death..."

"Ashton, Ashton, Stop!" Elena yells at me,

"Elena!" I look up to see Elena's so-called Aunt standing there, "Come on dear, the train is going to leave soon, we can't miss it,"

"Sorry Ashton," She says as she walks away.

The woman was right... no matter what she would leave. Despite all this time with her, I don't know her enough to know she doesn't like emotions and will cover it up with everything she can... even if it is wrong.

***1 Days Before Duel Testing Begins***

I have no idea how long it has been, not a single word from Elena, not a letter, call, smoke signal, nothing.

"Mr Ashton! Please take these cords up to the control," The director instructs, he has everyone preparing our stadium for the duel testing, looks like we are holding it here this year.

I drop the broom and pick up a box of cords, and walk past the director,

"I wonder how long the Tates will make us wait?" the director mutters, I drop the box off and walk back down to the main area.

"That's enough everyone, please take a copy of the Duel Testing rules, and rest up for the big day tomorrow, the Opening day will be magnificent!" The director shouts, I grab the rules and sit back in my dorm, reading the rules.

I begin to read, every year seems to be slightly different.

I sum it down, and it seems that there are 6 levels and 12 rounds.

Every level you get 2 battles, after the two battles you are ranked from winner of 0 games, winner of 1 game, or winner of 2 games. Within the categories you are then ranked according to hit points, and time. If you win zero games you are immediately stuck at that ranking unless you participate in the 'best games' those rules area explained on page 5. If you win both games you move up one level and repeat the same process. If you only win one game you will verse other one grouped students in the next level, unless you are ranked high in the one division you have a risk of being kept at that ranking and not move up.

So first you are ranked according to your amount of wins, then you are ranked within that rank with you hit points, and if there are tied points you are ranked according to who took the least amount of time.

I have no idea if Elena has got this yet. I don't even know If she is coming, or if her aunt is really what I thought she is. Only time can tell...

*******************************************************

I know this chapter is a little boring.

THE REAL ACTION BEGINS NEXT CHAPTER!!!

thanks for reading.

Lots Of Love.

<3 <3 <3