Chapter 37

They come in waves. Each wave has around 100 dragons each. We have lost too many of our troops in the first, surprise, wave. Our squad, squad 4, all prepared. All fighting.

"1 to your left!" I shout as I watch David dive off his dragon landing on the one below, allowing his dragon to kill the one to his left, and letting him kill the one bellow.

This was the best way to kill the dragons.

"HAaa!" I yell as I fall down, landing on one, using my abilities to blind dragons before taking them down. Their unusual blood spraying everywhere, and there evil screams ringing my ears.

I get hit off a dragon, flying through the air. Scared, yet not scared.

I raise my arm as Aries flies past, allowing me to grab onto her.

"Good girl," I say as I sit once again, "Just a few more, K." I listen to her as she groans in agreement.

I still carry some Elemental Crystal, just in case. I broke some off as the Director took the spear.

"Elen-!" They yells as I get hit off Aries by a dragons tail. I am silently screaming as I fall. Aries trying to save me, but being distracted by another dragon.

BAM!

I land on the back of another dragon. The dragon sheiks, and begins to fly frantically in attempt to shoot me off.

"Come on. Just, a little, futher." I say as I crawl up the dragon to the centre where I bury my sword into its flesh. I begin to go down with the dragon before Jumping in the air, caught by one of my squad memebers and taken up to dragon Aries fights.

I slice it open, and it flies off. I jump back onto Aries, noticing my ankle.

Dammit. It is bruised and swollen, but nothing I can't handle.

"Its almost over!" The front squads yell, soon seeing the clear.

Thank god.

I continue working just as hard.

"Aries. Take them on. I am going to the ground." I say as I jump across to another dragon, slicing one of it's wings forcing it to fall down, using it to break my fall.

I quickly finish the job as I reach the floor, I will get some of these ground dwellers. I creep through the forest, there I spot on.

I hide behind a bush, thinking of a plan.

His right wing is injured. If I can just get to his right, but he will be protecting that side the most, and now he is on edge. I don't even know what to do.

As I stay silent, I sense something. I slowly turn behind me, as a huge black sword swings down, with me blocking it with my sword.

This person... is a shadow.

As I process the information, the sword goes through mine, I quickly move, but still it slices my shoulder.

"What are you...?" I ask as the figure continues to fight me. Swinging it's sword carelessly, but with complete strength and accuracy.

I, still on the floor, roll to the left and the right to dodge. I kick my leg out swing him down.

What?!

My leg goes straight through. It looks down at my leg, it has no face. Just a shadow.

I quickly dodge once more, this time standing.

How can you fight a shadow?!

I use my sword, swinging through the centre, nothing. It goes straight through.

"Argh!" I yell as it grabs my arm throwing me towards the dragon. I look up to see the dragon read to attack me. This is it. But it can't be!
I swing my sword up, slashing the dragon's face, before using this time to finish it off.

I use the back of the dragon to be seen clearly, in order call out to Aries.

"Arie-!" I go to shout before I quickly dodge the shadows sword, causing me to tumble backwards.

My ankle aches. I can't get up again. But I must.

I need adrenaline. I need to wake up. I need a distraction of pain.

I pull out the sharp elemental crystal from my pocket, holding it in my hand so that I begin to bleed.

Pain conquers pain.

I see the sword coming down towards me, able to dodge once more before I stand up.

"I can do this!" I shout as I begin to fight back, nothing works, but it is better then accepting death.

I stand, exhausted.

"Stupid Shadows." I mutter. Giving myself an idea. Shadows, and light. I make the connection. I try to concentrate as the slow shadow approaches me.

"Light. Light. Come on." I beg as I close my eyes. Eventually awaking to my light. The shadow stops.

I hold my sword, now with the power of light.

"Lets dance." I say as I charge towards it.

It actually begins to try to block me. Left and right, up and down. It trips me, I swing my sword to its feet, it dodges barely. I have cut it, on the leg. A small yellow cut.

"Yes!" I shout as it goes to hit me down, I shove my sword upwards into its body. It freezes. Its sword just got me.

It completely explodes into dust. I lay on the ground to catch my breath.

"Wave!" I hear shouted. I look into the sky. Even more dragons, this time... each rode by a shadow.

We can't win this.

************************************************************* 

I know. My action writting skills are probably... really bad.

Anyway. I hope you enjoyed reading!

I am on a writting role so... I will be posting another chapter.

THE WATTYS CLOSE SOON! So if you want to enter be sure to do so very soon.

PS does anyone know when the wattys results come out? This is like my first year of the Wattys so any tips, and anything you can help me with is greatly appreicated.

Lots of Love!

<3 <3 <3