Chapter 48

We wondered for what only felt like a few years. We had changed from 8 year old, into 17 year old dragon descendants. At this point, the human race changed. The dragons began to become an issue. This time our real brother came from the sky. Flying freely, but the humans were afraid, and went into hiding.

I was still upset with the death of the Queen, and had yet to recover, while the rest had gotten over it. By the time the eldest of us, Elreena, had turned 18, we were captured by thugs, and were trapped inside the towns.

They tried to get all the women to have more children, to be the fighters of tomorrow. But of course we wouldn't become a human tool.

They tried to 'discipline' me, since I had refused to stay quiet. They go to hit me down, but then Elreena go in the way. She ended up having blood spilt.

With blue blood they knew we were not human. They freaked at the sight of her. And from that we were all abused, Elreena telling us not to fight back. Not to kill the abusive people, slashing out.

Soon Elreena escaped, and days later saved us. Without harming anyone.

I survived alone for 6 days under the swords of men, because she cared too much for the humans.

Once again years went by, soon being 23, Elreena had officially grown.

She had fallen for the Sky Descendant, Narvus, and they began to fall even deeper into love. Sister Rhea had also fallen in love with Salemone. And I was left lonely.

I began to walk down the path alone, before I was stopped by thugs again.

As I am about to throw them away, against the trees, a man steps in, fighting them both as I sit on the floor.

"Are you alright madam?" He asks, he had blonde hair, green eyes, such an usual human.

"I am perfectly fine!" I stand up, refusing his hand. "Good day," I walk in the other direction,

"Not even a thank you?" He yells,

"I didn't need your help," I claimed, still walking.

I didn't see him for days after that, but met him again. He tried to help me once again with the picking of apples,

"No thank you?!" He asks once again,

"Maybe one day," I wave off.

No human will understand. No human finds blue blood beautiful.

"Elreena!" I yell, as I see smoke in the distance.

I rush over, knowing she would run into the flames to save the village people. I drop my things and rush over, seeing the raging fire, with Elreena no where to be seen.

No... a trap.

I turn around as I am shot with metal arrows. I fall to my knees, as the humans come to catch me.

"The wrong girl!" They yell.

They wanted Elreena...

"She still bleeds blue! She is demon!" They take me with them, with them keeping the steel in my skin, the loss of blood keeps me from fighting back.

"Ah! HAH!" I hear the thuds, as I look to see the shadow of someone coming in the dark, cold room I was left in. I close my eyes.

My eyes spring open, as I see the blue sky. I quickly sit up, completely okay.

Where am I?

"Your up," I turn to see the boy,

"Where am I?"

"Home," He says, "Apple?"

"Why am I here?"

"I save you," He answers. I remember the shadow.

"Why?" I ask.

"Cause you needed help,"

I look down to my clothing, noticing it stained blue. I lift off the cloth on my wound, it is blue. I begin to panic; did he see it?"

"I have to go," I stand up, and begin to walk off.

"I know!" He shouts, I freeze. "I saw it. The blue,"

"It's disgusting... isn't it."

"Not at all. It is beautiful."

My heart skips a beat as I hear the words, waiting for the burst of laugher.

"No. it isn't" I begin to walk again.

"It is. Blue is my favourite colour," He says, before I can't help but laugh.

"What are you?" I ask,

"I am Addison, if that is what you meant."

With only 2 human years going by, he changes, I stay the same.

The humans are preparing for war against the dragons, at this point Rhea ran off as Salemone did not love her, and Elreena is trying to rule to world.

But I was so consumed by love, I didn't even know.

Then she found out.

She told me a human love will not last, and told me to leave him. I couldn't though. I was in love.

But then the war began. The humans fired against a raging dragon. The dragon freaked and went to hit me with its tail.

Addison jumped in the way, getting hit, and with that he slowly began to bleed out. Spine snapped.

"No! Addison!" I cried at his side. Trying to heal him.

"I love you..." He says,

"I...love you," I returned.

"Ha, funny isn't it, dying helping someone, always and forever," He mutters.

"No. Not funny. You can't die!" But I knew it, he would die. "T...thank you," I say the words he had wanted to here since the first days we met. "Thank you for loving me,"

I loved to much.

Is that all I did wrong?

"You loved to much. No. You didn't know how to say goodbye." Emileen stands there.

"I wish I did."

"So please. Say goodbye,"

"I can't. It is too late. I gave it up. I gave myself over to the darkness."

"So what now?"

"You can have your body back."

"Really?"

"Yes. You were never a bloodline descendant, just a vessel. So I can return your body back to you. Goodbye Emileen... Elena."

"Thank you."

********************************

48/50!!

Writing 49 now.

Lots of Love

<3 <3 <3