Chapter 24

"Elena! Elena!"

"Stop... please stop, these voices won't leave me alone," I couch in the corner ready to pull my hair out, what are these voices telling me?

The alarm goes off, and the voices silence, finally peace...

I get up and begin to get ready for school. Round 2 will begin tomorrow, and I am completely prepared... I think.

They tell stories of Round two, like it is a big jump from duel testing, and is more like a fight for life.  All I need is one night sleep with no voices, just peace.

The day ends, as I then hear,

"Elena!" I see Ash running down the hall, 

"Ash, sorry didnt see you," I say,

"You look tired,"

"I'm fine,"

"Are you really?"

My head goes fuzzy for a second,

"Yeah, nothing a good nights sleep can't fix," I smile,

"But can you even sleep?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I question,

"Uh, nothing," He shuts himself up,

"What do you know?" 

"What? Nothing, I don't know what you mean," He argues,

"You know something, tell me, tell me or I am storming straight up to my aunt to ask her, and right now I really don't want to," I threat, I know he has something against my aunt.

"Fine, fine, voices are just a simple effect of breaking clean spells," He says,

"Clean spells?"

"Removing bad memories, when they come back you hear a range of voices,"

"... my aunt, she did it, didnt she?" I realize,

"Elena I was going to tell you, but-"

"I knew something was up, it wasn't right," I run out of the building. She can't stop this, she will fix me.

I race up where I see my aunt through the window in the kitchen. I rush in and push the door open. I feel this power, where is it coming from.

With every step I take, things fly across the room. My aunt looks surprised and frightened,

"What did you do?" I ask her,

"What do you mean?" She questions.

"You wiped my memory, I want it back," I demand,

"I can't do that," She tells me, I storm up closer towards her,

"I know you can, now do it."

"I can't! You don't want it back,"

"You will return my memory before I storm into the council's office and tell them of your illegal use of spells,"

"Elena listen, it is for your own good,"

"They are my memories, mine. Now you return them,"

"Elena,"

"Return them!" I yell as I push her against the wall, I look into her eyes to see fear, then a reflection of myself, and then my brother...

"Done. it is your fault what happens now." She says as I step back,

"I still don't remember,"

"Most will return within 72 hours. Don't you come crawling back here once your symptoms start, I am leaving first thing tomorrow, and you will never see me again," My aunt walks off, 

What was I doing? Who have I become?

I walk out of the house to a park bench where I sit and wait, slowly flashes of Ash, and Jackson.

Jackson... is really gone.

It was my fault.

Ash... I met him before, Ash looked after me.

Why is there so much missing. Why am I gaining this much, how much did she take, why?

I can't, It's just, what, I can't even, how.

"Elena?" I look up to see Ash, I stand up before stumbling over and falling to my knees meters from him. Under my hand the floor cracks, 

"Elena, are you...okay?" He asks,

"It's too much," I say,

"You got them back," he notices,

"He's dead, and it as my fault. And you, you helped, me, and, and, I just am so sorry," I ramble,

"Elena stop. Do you have a place to stay?" He asks,

"...My old dorm, it is still there," I remember.

"Okay, I'll take you home, we have our 2nd round tomorrow," he reminds me.

We both walk to my dorm where I lay in my bed, processing my memories.

I feel this power, coming from no where. My memories, are more powerful then I thought. Is this worth it.

The next morning was the big day, and yet I had no sleep, for the second day. I have had visions and voices yelling at me, was my past that bad? As I stand in the prepation room I notice Ash consistantly watching me.

One of the speakers for today walks in and begins to explain.

"Today is the begining of round 2. Unlike round one, we do not base your sucess of wins or loses, but on power alone. Those who show great skill but lose still will go on to the third round. Too much power may send you straight to elimation round, however use of death abilities or attempt at killing will not been seem as power but a bloodlust, resulting in an immediant expellsion from the games, and if death occurs, expellision from schooling may occur. You will begin in 2 mintues, the first round will be Micheal vs Max, then Leo vs Willard, and lastly Elena Vs Adam."

The woman walks out before i really notice my oppenent, Adam.

You have got to be kidding me.

Before I knew it, it was my turn. The two victors so far have been Max and Leo, with my round next I don't know why my heart was beating so normal.

"Elena, forfiet," Ash tells me,

"No,"

"You are sleep deprived, and unstable, you can't go out there," He tells me,

"Wish me luck," I ignore as I walk out,

"Elena! Stop!" He yell as I stand on the stadium floor, watching as snoppy Adam stands confidently.

"You look tired," He comments, "Dreaming about me?" He adds.

"Haha, you wish," I say.

This was round, two. Time to show this brat who can make it to twenty.

*****************************************************

Sorry this chapter is a bit short and boring, but the next chapter is where sh-t will go down!

Thanks for reading, and make sure you stay tuned.

Who will win? Cast your votes!!!

Make sure you leave a comment, vote, follow, and add to your reading list to get the updates straight away!

Btw, this story will probs reach at least 40 chapters (Hoping), so try to stay tuned for that.

P.s I am publishing this chapter on my birthday! Sweet 16!

Lots of Love.

<3 <3 <3