Chapter Twenty-One - ASH VS BAILEY (Day 3)

"Stop!" Baliey shouts as he is on the ground, covered in bruises.

"Come on you weakling!" Dan kicks him again before the teacher calls for him to stop. 

He holds his head down in shame as the teacher looks at some of his bruises, some yellow, some blue and black.

"Sir I'll take him to the nurse's office," I say as I walk over, Baliey still holds his head down.

I help him up and he limps over and out of the stadium.

"Argh!" Baliey yells, being thrown across the stadium, hitting the wall. Knocked out cold.

"Sir I'll take him."

Taking him to the nurse was almost a daily thing. Our grade is by far one of the strongest in years, he just happens to be average among the advanced. I became friends with him through our trip there. But one day his disappeared, after hearing that he is being kept back. He would never let me help him train, and I never took him to the office after that. I hadn't spoken to him till now.

The crowd screams in excitement as I stand in the middle of the field. Bailey was once a friend of mine, but then he lost his first test battle and also had to be held back. He trained every day alone. And now I have no idea who he is in the ring.

I close my eyes and breath. I must focus.

I listen to the sounds, crowd cheering, I feel what is around me, the wind blowing against my skin, the air-born dirt hitting my legs. I block it all out and find that spark inside me. Red hot like the flames of my anger, my power.

"Let's start the countdown! 10!" the announcer yells as the crowd joins in,

"Falling asleep huh Ash?" Bailey teases, just as I open my eyes.

"Don't plan on it," 

He gives an evil smirk.

"5! 4! 3!" The crowd shouts,

"2, 1-" I mutter as we both have the same idea and get on our dragons and fly like a rocket into the sky.

We fly high into the clouds where we stop and share looks.

"I don't plan to take it easy on you!" Bailey announces,

"Me either," I tell him.

"Good. I am on a whole different level now!"

Why would he fly all the way up here? In the air he has the disadvantage, he is an earth dragon doesn't he?

***

Omg I have just realised I havent put much about Ashton's dragon in at all! Sorry!!!!

***

I have to be prepared for everything, I tap on the side of my dragon with my foot three times.

Come on Jet, you know what to do.

I look up towards Bai-

Damn it!

I begin free falling after he had made his first move, a simple hit from the back of a sword against my chest. An unexpected and fast move. 

"Jet!" I yell as I'm meters from the ground, I see Jet fighting in the sky. Dam you dragon, you never listen to me.

"Is that- Student Ashton is falling from the sky! Could it be game over already!" I hear the announcer, I must be getting close.

FOCUS!

The ground shatters into pieces as a dust cloud covered the floor of the stadium. Everyone waits in suspense before Bailey and his dragon hover above the ground, clearing the dust.