Chapter 26

When Thomas and Alice returned to the castle, Maid Lydia was already waiting for her. "You found her!" Lydia exclaimed as she threw her arms around Thomas, who happily hugged her back.

"I told you I would find her," he said playfully. Lydia smiled.

"I never doubted you," she said and then kissed him. Alice's eye bulged.

"It's nice to see that you two don't waste any time," the princess joked. The two pulled apart and blushed as they held each other tightly.

"I wanted to tell you Alice, I truly did, I just did not know how or when and then with all of these changes coming, I did not want to add to your stress."

"It's alright Lydia. I'm happy for you, for both of you," Alice nodded, "And you better take really good care of her Thomas or else." Thomas's faced suddenly paled.

"Y-yes ma'am," he stuttered. Lydia playfully smacked his arm.

"She is only messing with you."

"Have you seen that girl in combat? She could take me down with just one swing of her sword without even breaking a sweat!" Thomas told her. The princess smiled at his comment as she walked her horse to the Royal Barn, knowing that she was indeed the strong warrior she wanted to become.

"Alice!" Derek exclaimed as he saw her round the corner. He ran to her and almost knocked her over with his bone crushing hug. The princess hugged him back tightly as Ryan took her horse. "I thought you were gone! WHERE did you go? Are you hurt?" he asked worried as he broke the embrace and put his gloved hands on her face, searching for any injuries. Alice put her hand over his gloved one that was resting on her cheek.

"I am not hurt physically," she told him as she began to cry. His face softened when he saw her tears start to flow.

"Why are you crying?" he asked softly. Alice let all of her emotions out as she buried her face into his chest and put her arms around him. Derek returned the embrace concerned.

"My parents, t-they are m-making me m-m-marry P-prince R-r-rori-I-I-I-I-ck," she sobbed.

"Oh Alice," Derek breathed as he put his gloved hand through her hair, "I'm so sorry." He let the princess cry in his arms.

"W-why are the m-making me do this? I d-don't even l-love him," she cried.

"Sshh, Alice, it's ok. Everything is going to be ok," Derek tried to comfort her.

"But I don't even care about him or l-like him at all                                   Whlnsfln Why are they making me marry him?"

"Hey, it's going to be ok. Look at me," he said softly, "I don't know why they feel the need to do this, but I do know that no matter what, I'm always going to be here to protect you no matter ok? They can't take me away from you." Alice smiled through her tears.

"Derek, don't let them do this to me please," she pleaded as she threw her head against his chest and held him tightly. Derek put a protective arm around her back and held her tighter to.

"I'll see what I can do," he promised.

"There she is!" King Bard exclaimed.

"Alice! My daughter!" Queen Rosalind rushed to them. Alice went from Derek's arms to her fathers and her mother put a concerned hand on her daughter's shoulder.

"Why are you crying? Did this man hurt you?" King Bard asked carefully. Alice shook her head. "Then what is the matter?" Alice started to cry again and Derek's face fell as he saw her sad state.